Called Rocker, the pared-down design is for German brand Richard Lampert.
The information that follows is from Doshi Levien:
Design for Richard Lampert
While observing young children, we found that most things of interest to them are not figurative but everyday objects that are not intended for play! Children find their own imaginative purpose for any object already in the home. This observation prompted us to create a "Rocker" for Richard Lampert that is like a found object, an improvised ride. Moulded seat with solid oak rockers.
IMM Cologne Hall 11.2 Stand J 010
- Design Indaba videos: Nobumichi Tosa
- TAM First Class Cabin by Priestmangoode
- Split series by Peter Marigold
- Willy Wonka-inspired machine propels pop…corn through a curved glass tube
- Stitch lamp by TAF
- Dezeen podcast: Dieter Rams at the Desig…n Museum
- One More Time by Kiki van Eijk
- TwentyTwo by Jaime Hayón for Ceccotti
- Darwin chair by Stefan Sagmeister
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories