Here's another hair salon by Japanese designer Teruhiro Yanagihara, this time located in central Osaka, Japan, featuring free-standing mirrored boxes.
Called NE, the project hides different areas of the salon so as not to reveal the function of the space.
A hair washing area is located inside a brick room with concrete steps sitting in front of it.
The steps double up as a waiting area, providing seating and display surfaces.
Lights and doors to the storage rooms are flush with the walls and fold out to reveal their functions.
Photographs are by Takumi Ota.
The following information is from Yanagihara:
NE, located in central Osaka, is a hair dressers shop for a young couple that started up their own business.
The small space doesn't reveal it's actual purpose and is conceived as a narrative sequence of abstracted objects and volumes.
An iconic stair, that contains the wash- and backroom, marks the waiting area and serves as seating accomodation and display.
Free-standing mirrored screens are positioned in the otherwise empty cutting area like sculptures.
The lights and doors to the storage fold our of the walls and let them appear like made of sheets of paper.
|KIZUKI + LIM by
|Isolation Unit completes
Tokyo hair salon
- John Pawson designs interior for Christo…pher Kane's first store
- Wooden structures combine partitions and… furniture inside home by João Branco
- Nagi by Eiri Ota and Irene Gardpoit Chan
- i29 converts Amsterdam garage into a sin…gle-storey apartment
- United Nude Shanghai by Rem D Koolhaas
- Sunflower Seeds 2010 by Ai Weiwei
- Booth-generator by students from Trier U…niversity of Applied Science
- ReOrder at the Brooklyn Museum by Situ S…tudio
- Ippolito Fleitz Group installs metal tre…es in natural foods restaurant
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories