Berlin architects J. Mayer H. have completed this airport building in the medieval mountain town of Mestia, Georgia.
The building comprises two branches that curve up towards the sky and serves the local ski resort.
Here are some more details from the architects:
New Airport Building in Mestia, Giorgia
The new built airport is part of Georgia's ambitious plans to develop tourism in Mestia.
The beautiful medieval town with its stone defensive towers is part of UNESCO's list of World Heritage Sites and also famous as ski-resort. With the unveiling of the airport on December 24th the building was designed and constructed within 3 months.
J. MAYER H. Architects
Project Team: Juergen Mayer H., Jesko Malkolm Johnsson-Zahn, Hugo Reis, Mehrdad Mashaie, Max Reinhardt
Project: October - December 2011
Completion: December 2010
Client: Tbilisi International Airport
Architect on Site: Beka Pkhakadze
|Arctic Circle Airport by Narud Stokke Wiig and Haptic||Aeroport Lleida-Alguaire
by b720 Arquitectos
Airport by Are
- Rojkind Arquitectos renovates Mexico's N…ational Film Archive and Film Institute
- Tile-covered walls reflect light into Du…blin house extension by GKMP Architects
- MAD's Nanjing masterplan features buildi…ngs designed to look like mountains
- A faceted roof conceals the size of Hang…ar XS warehouse by Ecker Architekten
- Dezeen's A-Zdvent calendar: Z-house by H…ohyun Park and Hyunjoo Kim
- Rippling aluminium fronts Bristol univer…sity laboratories by Sheppard Robson
- Golden Lion award for Korean pavilion co…uld help "trigger the reality" of a unified Korea
- Tham & Videgård's Husarö House is a sc…enic retreat on the Stockholm archipelago
- KE 12 Townhouse by SoHo Architektur
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories