Berlin architects J. Mayer H. have completed this airport building in the medieval mountain town of Mestia, Georgia.
The building comprises two branches that curve up towards the sky and serves the local ski resort.
Here are some more details from the architects:
New Airport Building in Mestia, Giorgia
The new built airport is part of Georgia's ambitious plans to develop tourism in Mestia.
The beautiful medieval town with its stone defensive towers is part of UNESCO's list of World Heritage Sites and also famous as ski-resort. With the unveiling of the airport on December 24th the building was designed and constructed within 3 months.
J. MAYER H. Architects
Project Team: Juergen Mayer H., Jesko Malkolm Johnsson-Zahn, Hugo Reis, Mehrdad Mashaie, Max Reinhardt
Project: October - December 2011
Completion: December 2010
Client: Tbilisi International Airport
Architect on Site: Beka Pkhakadze
|Arctic Circle Airport by Narud Stokke Wiig and Haptic||Aeroport Lleida-Alguaire
by b720 Arquitectos
Airport by Are
- Jeju Provincial Art Museum by Gansam Par…tners
- Montpelier Community Nursery by AY Archi…tects
- National Laboratory of Genomics by TEN A…rquitectos
- 3013 Installation at the Architectural A…ssociation
- Home 07 by i29
- Casal de la Juventud de Novelda by Cryst…alZoo
- Phoenix Observation Tower by BIG
- "We're trying to find a Singaporean cont…ext" - Pan Yi Cheng on Herman Miller at XTRA
- James Christian designs parasitic struct…ures for disused city spaces
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories