Berlin architects J Mayer H have completed this airport building in the medieval mountain town of Mestia, Georgia.
The building comprises two branches that curve up towards the sky and serves the local ski resort.
Here are some more details from the architects:
New Airport Building in Mestia, Giorgia
The new built airport is part of Georgia's ambitious plans to develop tourism in Mestia.
The beautiful medieval town with its stone defensive towers is part of UNESCO's list of World Heritage Sites and also famous as ski-resort. With the unveiling of the airport on December 24th the building was designed and constructed within 3 months.
J Mayer H Architects
Project Team: Juergen Mayer H, Jesko Malkolm Johnsson-Zahn, Hugo Reis, Mehrdad Mashaie, Max Reinhardt
Project: October - December 2011
Completion: December 2010
Client: Tbilisi International Airport
Architect on Site: Beka Pkhakadze
|Arctic Circle Airport by Narud Stokke Wiig and Haptic||Aeroport Lleida-Alguaire
by b720 Arquitectos
Airport by Are
- Art and culture centre with bright red w…alls by Future Architecture Thinking
- Residence of Daisen by Keisuke Kawaguchi…+K2-Design
- SOLAR / ANECHOIC by Alastair Philip Wipe…r
- Thames Hub by Foster + Partners
- Garden room added to Marseille townhouse… by Marion Bernard Agency
- Heams & Michel Architectes creates an af…ter-school club around a courtyard in Cannes
- Campbell Sports Centre by Steven Holl Ar…chitects
- Aoki Jun and Associates complete perfora…ted monogrammed facade for Louis Vuitton Tokyo
- World Architecture Festival 2012: Univer…sita Luigi Bocconi by Grafton Architects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories