Berlin architects J. Mayer H. have completed this airport building in the medieval mountain town of Mestia, Georgia.
The building comprises two branches that curve up towards the sky and serves the local ski resort.
Here are some more details from the architects:
New Airport Building in Mestia, Giorgia
The new built airport is part of Georgia's ambitious plans to develop tourism in Mestia.
The beautiful medieval town with its stone defensive towers is part of UNESCO's list of World Heritage Sites and also famous as ski-resort. With the unveiling of the airport on December 24th the building was designed and constructed within 3 months.
J. MAYER H. Architects
Project Team: Juergen Mayer H., Jesko Malkolm Johnsson-Zahn, Hugo Reis, Mehrdad Mashaie, Max Reinhardt
Project: October - December 2011
Completion: December 2010
Client: Tbilisi International Airport
Architect on Site: Beka Pkhakadze
|Arctic Circle Airport by Narud Stokke Wiig and Haptic||Aeroport Lleida-Alguaire
by b720 Arquitectos
Airport by Are
- Une Architecture at the Mobile Art Pavil…ion by Zaha Hadid
- Stem Cell Building at UCSFby Rafael Viñ…oly Architects
- Signal Ethique pavilion by Arnaud Huart …sits atop a French mountain
- Mapungubwe Interpretation Centre by Pete…r Rich Architects
- A pile of sand marks the entrance to Des…ign Miami
- Garden of 10,000 Bridges by West 8
- CalmSpace by Marie-Virginie Berbet for H…aworth
- Tablehat by Hiroyuki Shinozaki Architect…s
- Signature Center by Frank Gehry
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories