Berlin architects J Mayer H have completed this airport building in the medieval mountain town of Mestia, Georgia.
The building comprises two branches that curve up towards the sky and serves the local ski resort.
Here are some more details from the architects:
New Airport Building in Mestia, Giorgia
The new built airport is part of Georgia's ambitious plans to develop tourism in Mestia.
The beautiful medieval town with its stone defensive towers is part of UNESCO's list of World Heritage Sites and also famous as ski-resort. With the unveiling of the airport on December 24th the building was designed and constructed within 3 months.
J Mayer H Architects
Project Team: Juergen Mayer H, Jesko Malkolm Johnsson-Zahn, Hugo Reis, Mehrdad Mashaie, Max Reinhardt
Project: October - December 2011
Completion: December 2010
Client: Tbilisi International Airport
Architect on Site: Beka Pkhakadze
|Arctic Circle Airport by Narud Stokke Wiig and Haptic||Aeroport Lleida-Alguaire
by b720 Arquitectos
Airport by Are
- The Fosse by Designscape Architects
- SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills by Philippe… Starck
- Big Brother House by JDS Architects
- Land of Giants by Choi + Shine Archite…cts
- Slideshow feature: J Mayer H in Georgi…a
- MVRDV's Spijkenisse library has become… a "proud mountain of books" says Winy Maas
- Gate by mihadesign
- Notariaat by Atelier Vens Vanbelle
- "Everyone is becoming an expert in ima…ge-making" says photographer Cristobal Palma
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories