Cologne 2011: these lamps with a mechanism derived from marking tools were among a collection of furniture presented by German designer Bao-Nghi Droste at imm cologne.
Exhibiting as part of [D3] Design Talents, Droste also showed a set of stacking chairs (above) and a side table with spun metal top (below), which can be mounted to form either a flat top or dish.
imm cologne took place 18-23 January. See all our coverage of the event here »
Here are a few details from Bao-Nghi Droste:
Tech Chair, an archetypical Side Chair the wooden frame of which features cuts and milled out portions for positioned stacking.
Axis Lamp, a floor lamp adapting the principle of a sliding level for being adjustable in height and depth.
And Buddy, an occasional table in different heights and a table top that can be mounted in two different ways, either offering a bowl for storing or a flat surface for placing objects.
Enjoy the latest products designed by Bao-Nghi Droste!
Bao-Nghi Droste was born in Stuttgart, Germany, in 1977.
After an apprenticeship as a cabinetmaker, he studied Industrial Design at the University of Applied Sciences in Darmstadt, Germany.
Gathering further work experience at the offices of Werner Aisslingler in Berlin, Germany, and Hannes Wettstein in Zurich, Switzerland, he finally set up his own studio in Heidelberg, Germany, in 2007, focussing on furniture-, product- and interior design.
|Forbidden Fruit by Glimpt at Cologne 2011||Forest Light by Ontwerpduo
at Cologne 2011
|Beaugars by Meike Langer
at Cologne 2011
- Trash Cube by Nicolas Le Moigne
- Volvo's connected helmet warns cyclists …of car collisions
- Wooden Carpet by Elisa Stroyzk
- Pop-up shop displays sunglasses on golde…n girders embedded in gravel
- London Underground 150th anniversary coi…n by BarberOsgerby
- Justin Oh at The Temporium
- Styrene by Paul Cocksedge for the Stepne…y Green Design Collection
- Wine bottle by Zaha Hadid for Leo Hillin…ger
- Matthew Plummer-Fernandez to present "pe…rsonalised avatars for your vehicle"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories