Stockholm 2011: Finnish designer Sami Kallio presents a collection of furniture, including these stools with legs shaped like lolly sticks, as part of the Greenhouse at Stockholm Furniture Fair this week.
Other pieces include a wooden chair with twisted steel backrest and a lamp comprising a metal shade hung with leather over a bent wooden arm.
Called The Finnish Blood in Me, the range is inspired by design details Kallio remembers from his childhood in Finland.
The Greenhouse presents up-and-coming individual designers and design schools at the Stockholm Furniture Fair, which continues until 12 February. See all our coverage of the event here »
Here's a little text from the designer:
THE FINNSIH BLOOD IN ME
A collection inspired, and interpreted of childhood memories from Finland.
The armature – WORKSHOP is a reminder from all the workshops and the STOOL from the department store that we visited.
A collection where material and detail are in focus.
Nothing strange or conceptual, just memories and function.
Huibert van Muilwijk
|Camper store in Malmö
|More coverage of
- Solar-powered cars could become standard… "within 30 years"
- Laundry Room Collection by Terry Dwan fo…r Riva 1920
- Cocoon by Tanya Shukstelinsky
- Upside Down by Floris Wubben
- Mechanical Mirrors by Daniel Rozin repli…cate images using everyday objects
- Fiona O'Neill hand-paints dresses for Ce…ntral Saint Martins fashion show
- Save £50 on VOID watches at Dezeen Watc…h Store
- Orbea Grow by Álex Fernández Camps
- Safe Cuddling by Helge Fischer
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories