Stockholm 2011: Finnish designer Sami Kallio presents a collection of furniture, including these stools with legs shaped like lolly sticks, as part of the Greenhouse at Stockholm Furniture Fair this week.
Other pieces include a wooden chair with twisted steel backrest and a lamp comprising a metal shade hung with leather over a bent wooden arm.
Called The Finnish Blood in Me, the range is inspired by design details Kallio remembers from his childhood in Finland.
The Greenhouse presents up-and-coming individual designers and design schools at the Stockholm Furniture Fair, which continues until 12 February. See all our coverage of the event here »
Here's a little text from the designer:
THE FINNSIH BLOOD IN ME
A collection inspired, and interpreted of childhood memories from Finland.
The armature – WORKSHOP is a reminder from all the workshops and the STOOL from the department store that we visited.
A collection where material and detail are in focus.
Nothing strange or conceptual, just memories and function.
Huibert van Muilwijk
|Camper store in Malmö
|More coverage of
- Special feature: design by celebrities
- Sugru pop-up and giveaway at 13:00 this …Sunday at Dezeen Space
- Corian: 40 Years - 40 Designers
- Further discounts on Ziiiro watches in t…he Dezeen Watch Store end of summer sale
- Yuki Yoshikawa accentuates Grain Chair w…ith painted patterns
- Tile Stove Project by Dick van Hoff for …Royal Tichelaar Makkum
- Claudio Gatto's Bolla rechargeable LED l…amp works both indoors and outdoors
- The Hatton and Hyde ranges by Assemblyro…om
- Frame Sofa by Hyung Suk Cho
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories