Stockholm 2011: Finnish designer Sami Kallio presents a collection of furniture, including these stools with legs shaped like lolly sticks, as part of the Greenhouse at Stockholm Furniture Fair this week.
Other pieces include a wooden chair with twisted steel backrest and a lamp comprising a metal shade hung with leather over a bent wooden arm.
Called The Finnish Blood in Me, the range is inspired by design details Kallio remembers from his childhood in Finland.
The Greenhouse presents up-and-coming individual designers and design schools at the Stockholm Furniture Fair, which continues until 12 February. See all our coverage of the event here »
Here's a little text from the designer:
THE FINNSIH BLOOD IN ME
A collection inspired, and interpreted of childhood memories from Finland.
The armature – WORKSHOP is a reminder from all the workshops and the STOOL from the department store that we visited.
A collection where material and detail are in focus.
Nothing strange or conceptual, just memories and function.
Huibert van Muilwijk
|Camper store in Malmö
|More coverage of
- dezeen loves... Type the Sky
- Matteo Fogale and Laetitia de Allegri pr…esent furniture made from old jeans, paper and cotton
- Now Isn't That Lovely by Stephen Johnson
- Martin the Mule by Ibride
- Bottle Humidifier by Cloud and Co
- Kohei Nawa's Foam installation created a… cloud-like landscape of soapy bubbles
- Geof Ramsay provides an alternative to s…itting on stairs with Steps bench
- Arne Quinze at Burning Man
- Massoud Hassani at My Way talks
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories