Called Succession, the collection of stools is upholstered in fabric and leather and shaped to resemble a group of animals.
The surfaces of the stools are covered in grooves, which were created by wrapping rope around the leather objects and applying heat.
Stockholm Design Week took place 7-13 February. See all our coverage of the event here »
See also: RE:cover by Fredrik Färg.
The following information is from the designer:
Fredrik Färgs new collection Succession reminds us – in shape and spirit – of animals from a time long gone. Dressed in leather and textile, the stools was brought to life through a series of processes.
The base is made of an innovative composition of materials which has been dressed in textile and leather and had ropes tied around it before being baked. The results when you cut away the rope is that of a pattern without seams, as brutal as it is sophisticated and refined.
The stools becomes like living furniture populating our home.
Produced by Studio Fredrik Färg
|At One by
|Monster Chair by
- Alan Aldridge at the Design Museum
- Lamp OOO by Sergio Mannino and Jan Habra…ken
- Architecting the Future at Miami Design …District
- Batucada collection by Jahara Studio
- Artemide Flagship Store Taiwan by CROX
- Dezeen Watch Store: Deckster by N-Produc…t
- "The architect-midwife should be brillia…nt at listening" - Gurmeet Sian
- Dezeen podcast: Ergonomics - Real Design… at the Design Museum
- New work by Bram Boo
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories