Called Succession, the collection of stools is upholstered in fabric and leather and shaped to resemble a group of animals.
The surfaces of the stools are covered in grooves, which were created by wrapping rope around the leather objects and applying heat.
Stockholm Design Week took place 7-13 February. See all our coverage of the event here »
See also: RE:cover by Fredrik Färg.
The following information is from the designer:
Fredrik Färgs new collection Succession reminds us – in shape and spirit – of animals from a time long gone. Dressed in leather and textile, the stools was brought to life through a series of processes.
The base is made of an innovative composition of materials which has been dressed in textile and leather and had ropes tied around it before being baked. The results when you cut away the rope is that of a pattern without seams, as brutal as it is sophisticated and refined.
The stools becomes like living furniture populating our home.
Produced by Studio Fredrik Färg
|At One by
|Monster Chair by
- This is a Fan by Julien Carretero
- Strata by Ryan Frank
- Issey Miyake's focus is "being innovat…ive with technology" says head of womenswear
- Telling Tales at the V&A
- CRANE-IT by Micaela Nardella
- Dezeen and MINI Frontiers showcased "p…rovocative ideas" for future travel
- Heaven by Tokujin Yoshioka
- Works on Reflection II by Kim Thome at… William Benington Gallery
- Studio Job converts Land Rover Defende…r into "hotch-potch on wheels"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories