Called Succession, the collection of stools is upholstered in fabric and leather and shaped to resemble a group of animals.
The surfaces of the stools are covered in grooves, which were created by wrapping rope around the leather objects and applying heat.
Stockholm Design Week took place 7-13 February. See all our coverage of the event here »
See also: RE:cover by Fredrik Färg.
The following information is from the designer:
Fredrik Färgs new collection Succession reminds us – in shape and spirit – of animals from a time long gone. Dressed in leather and textile, the stools was brought to life through a series of processes.
The base is made of an innovative composition of materials which has been dressed in textile and leather and had ropes tied around it before being baked. The results when you cut away the rope is that of a pattern without seams, as brutal as it is sophisticated and refined.
The stools becomes like living furniture populating our home.
Produced by Studio Fredrik Färg
|At One by
|Monster Chair by
- Breed and Retreat by Frederik Roijé
- Stuff by Marina Ralph
- The Minerals Collection by Lazerian
- New Pinterest board: Nendo
- Local River by Mathieu Lehanneur
- In Good Hands by Bruketa&Žinić
- Richard Sapper's espresso maker is an "h…omage to my grandfather" says Alberto Alessi
- OOO Lamp by Vasiliy Butenko
- Porcelain by Jaime Hayón for Kutani Cho…emon
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories