Called Succession, the collection of stools is upholstered in fabric and leather and shaped to resemble a group of animals.
The surfaces of the stools are covered in grooves, which were created by wrapping rope around the leather objects and applying heat.
Stockholm Design Week took place 7-13 February. See all our coverage of the event here »
See also: RE:cover by Fredrik Färg.
The following information is from the designer:
Fredrik Färgs new collection Succession reminds us – in shape and spirit – of animals from a time long gone. Dressed in leather and textile, the stools was brought to life through a series of processes.
The base is made of an innovative composition of materials which has been dressed in textile and leather and had ropes tied around it before being baked. The results when you cut away the rope is that of a pattern without seams, as brutal as it is sophisticated and refined.
The stools becomes like living furniture populating our home.
Produced by Studio Fredrik Färg
|At One by
|Monster Chair by
- (No)where (Now)here: Two Gaze-activated …Dresses by Ying Gao
- C Collection by Yves Béhar for HBF
- Pappa TARAHUMARA Punk Don Quixote by Tor…afu Architects
- Furniture that looks like line drawings …by Jinil Park
- Rhubarb by Emma Marga Blanche at 20 Desi…gners at Biologiska
- MT Club Chair by Very Good & Proper
- Milk by Rasmus B. Fex
- Sticks and Stones and Broken Bones by St…udio Toogood and Izé
- David Adjaye pavilion unveiled
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories