Milan 2011: Dezeen is proud to be online media partner for Ventura Lambrate design district in Milan next month and we've teamed up with initiators Organisation in Design to provide this downloadable map and guide to the area.
This is Ventura Lambrate's second year in Milan, based in a former industrial district to the east of the city centre with excellent transport links and a range of exhibition spaces.
- Jawbone with Yves Béhar, his creative agency Fuseproject and Dezeen, USA and UK
- Castor Design, Canada
- Bombay Sapphire, Italy
- Studio Drift, Studio Molen, Sebastian Brajkovic and Studio Eric Klarenbeek, the Netherlands
- Plusdesign, Italy
- Emmanuel Babled, France/the Netherlands
- Laikingland, United Kingdom, with Tord Boontje, Atelier Ted Noten and Atelier NL
- Ahrend, the Netherlands, with Ineke Hans and Yuya Ushida
- Weltevree, the Netherlands
- The Dutch Standard, the Netherlands
- Gallery Caroline Van Hoek, Belgium
- Van Eijk & Van Der Lubbe, the Netherlands
- Artbook Milano, Italy
- Lidewij Edelkoort, the Netherlands
- Danish Crafts, Denmark
- The Mad of New York with Venice Projects, Italy
- Giorgio Biscaro, Oscar Diaz, Takuya Matsuda, Pedrita, Zaven, Matteo Zorzenoni with 6 Artisan, Italy
- Gallery Judy Straten with Diederik Schneemann, the Netherlands
- De Vorm & Studio Laurens Van Wieringen, the Netherlands
- Floris Hovers, the Netherlands
- Diallo Design, France
- Pelidesign, the Netherlands
- Postfossil, Switzerland
- Studio Roel Huisman, the Netherlands
- Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design, United Kingdom
- Colors Tokyo, Japan
- Kunsthochschule Kassel, Germany
- Unpolished Young Design from Poland/Milan
- Studio Dave Keune, the Netherlands
- Academy Fine Arts Maastricht, the Netherlands
- Bezalel Academy for Art and Design Jerusalem, Israel
- Academy of Arts, Architecture and Design in Prague, Czech Republic
- The Other Hemisphere, Australia
- Marcel Sigel, United Kingdom
- The Swedish School of Textiles, Smart Textiles, Sweden
- Royal College of Art, United Kingdom
- Poetry Happens, Germany
- New Times, New Heroes, Belgium
- Designersblock Milano 2011, United Kingdom
- Carwan Gallery, Lebanon
- Promisedesign – New Design from Israel
- Refile, Italy
- Architectural Studio Simone Micheli, Italy
- Subalterno 1, Italy
Photographs are by Claudio Grassi, courtesy Organisation in Design.
Here are some more details from Organisation in Design:
Organisation in Design, the founders, art directors and organisation behind Ventura Lambrate proudly present Ventura Lambrate 2011!
Starting from an underdog position in the Milan Design Week, Ventura Lambrate 2010 immediately turned into the must-see design district in Milan for the period of the Salone, with a strong selection of 21 of the most interesting exhibitions.
The overwhelming success of Ventura Lambrates’ first edition resulted in hundreds of exhibitors applying to take part in the second edition. Organisation in Design started its selection process in which creativity, quality, experimentation and content were as important as in 2010, but for Ventura Lambrate 2011, a stronger focus was also put on diversity and internationality.
With great pleasure we now announce that 45 of the most exciting, inspiring, creative exhibitions from all over the world are selected for Ventura Lambrate 2011.
Ventura Lambrate is located within walking distance from metro station Lambrate.
After coming out of the metro entrance, walk through the building of the train station of Lambrate.
From the backside of the train station, it is just a 7 minutes walk, following the signage VENTURA LAMBRATE.
The exhibitions are on the following addresses:
Via Ventura 4, 5, 6 and 15, Via Massimiano 6, 23 and 25, Via Privata Oslavia 8, Via Sbodio 30, and Via Conte Rosso 22,
All locations are within walking distance from one and other.
Metro Lambrate, MM2 Green Line exit Lambrate FS
(direct connection: 15 minutes from Zona Tortona / Porta Genova)
Tram line 33 from Central Station to Rimembranze di Lambrate
Tram line 23 to Central Station from Rimembranze di Lambrate
Press Preview: Monday April 11, 15:00 – 20:00
Ventura Lambrate Opening Night: Wednesday April 13, 19:00 – 23:00
General Opening Hours: Tuesday April 12 – Sunday April 17, 10:00 – 20:00
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories