Called L’Oiseau, the piece will be presented at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile.
Vitra also produce the Eames House Bird (shown above, alongside the Bouroullecs' design), based on an ornament that American designers Charles and Ray Eames brought back from their travels.
The information below is from the designers:
It is a simple bird without any other function than trying to propose a caring presence, a pleasant company. We have always been fascinated by animal representations whether they are primitive or more contemporary - from ivory bears made by the Inuit community to the Finnish birds made in blown glass. It could seem outdated to be interested in such subjects however we truly think that it is a necessary fantasy to continue supplementing this symbolic bestiary.
VITRA Salone del Mobile Hall 20 Booth C05 / D04
|Osso by Ronan & Erwan
|Losanges by Ronan & Erwan
|Ploum by Ronan & Erwan
- Zouhria by Massimiliano and Doriana Fuks…as Architects
- Mischer'Traxler's kinetic Ephemerā inst…allation "comes alive" when visitors walk away
- Meteo by Naoto Fukasawa for Magis
- Footwear by Zaha Hadid for Lacoste
- Cantilevered granite forms developed by …Zaha Hadid for CITCO shelving
- Gudpaka Lamp by Great Things to People
- Moving Mondrian by Vladimír Ambroz
- Magnifying spoon designed to detect cont…aminants in food
- World Carpets by Marcel Wanders 2
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories