Called L’Oiseau, the piece will be presented at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile.
Vitra also produce the Eames House Bird (shown above, alongside the Bouroullecs' design), based on an ornament that American designers Charles and Ray Eames brought back from their travels.
The information below is from the designers:
It is a simple bird without any other function than trying to propose a caring presence, a pleasant company. We have always been fascinated by animal representations whether they are primitive or more contemporary - from ivory bears made by the Inuit community to the Finnish birds made in blown glass. It could seem outdated to be interested in such subjects however we truly think that it is a necessary fantasy to continue supplementing this symbolic bestiary.
VITRA Salone del Mobile Hall 20 Booth C05 / D04
|Osso by Ronan & Erwan
|Losanges by Ronan & Erwan
|Ploum by Ronan & Erwan
- Diana Vreeland: The Eye Has To Travel
- WaterDream by Front for Axor
- Meaningless Excitement Spring Summer 201…4 fashion collection by Y-3 and Peter Saville
- Puppets by Furry Puppet Studio
- Cloud Chair by Richard Hutten
- UFO over Gdansk by Peter Coffin and Cini…mod Studio
- Trylletromler wooden installation that l…ooks like a maze by FABRIC
- New watches by Denis Guidone
- Lucy McRae to vacuum-pack exhibition vis…itors to "prep the body to go to space"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories