Milan 2011: London studio Doshi Levien will present this chair with a tubular base and cantilevered arms for Italian design brand Cappellini at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile in Milan this week.
Called Capo (leader), the chair has thin, flexible arms and a tall back to envelope the user.
Inspired by a gentleman in a suit and felt hat, the design is on show in combinations of leather, faux leather and felt.
The following is from the designer:
CAPO Armchair & Ottoman
The first collaboration between Doshi Levien and Cappellini gave rise to Capo, an armchair with a slender yet enveloping form.
Its shape and materiality came from the image of a dapper gentleman in a well-cut suit and a felted hat.
As the name suggests, Capo with its wide cantilevered arms and upturned lapel, transforms the sitter into a boss.
The thin flexible edges of the chair provide shelter without being closed and also emphasise its lightness.
Capo is available in several variations that make it suitable for various settings.
Leather, faux leather, felt and Alcantara can be used to upholster the entire armchair or be used in different combinations for the front and back.
Armchair - cm 119 x 72 x 36/89 h.
|Impossible Wood by
|My Beautiful Backside by
- 3x3 by 3Patas for Francesc Ros Fusteria …Decoració
- Talma chair by Benjamin Hubert for Moros…o
- Villa Julia by Javier Mariscal for Magis
- "With too many contemporary watches you …can't tell what time it is" - Tom Dixon
- The Plain Collection by Maarten Baas
- Vivienne Westwood launches Virgin Atlant…ic uniforms
- Mario Botta and André Ricard for Pierre… Junod
- Topographic London posters by Melissa Pr…ice at Dezeen Super Store
- Pig Truck by Studio Swine
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories