Milan 2011: London studio Doshi Levien will present this chair with a tubular base and cantilevered arms for Italian design brand Cappellini at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile in Milan this week.
Called Capo (leader), the chair has thin, flexible arms and a tall back to envelope the user.
Inspired by a gentleman in a suit and felt hat, the design is on show in combinations of leather, faux leather and felt.
The following is from the designer:
CAPO Armchair & Ottoman
The first collaboration between Doshi Levien and Cappellini gave rise to Capo, an armchair with a slender yet enveloping form.
Its shape and materiality came from the image of a dapper gentleman in a well-cut suit and a felted hat.
As the name suggests, Capo with its wide cantilevered arms and upturned lapel, transforms the sitter into a boss.
The thin flexible edges of the chair provide shelter without being closed and also emphasise its lightness.
Capo is available in several variations that make it suitable for various settings.
Leather, faux leather, felt and Alcantara can be used to upholster the entire armchair or be used in different combinations for the front and back.
Armchair - cm 119 x 72 x 36/89 h.
|Impossible Wood by
|My Beautiful Backside by
- Belu by Zaha Hadid
- Meike Langer designs copper clothes stan…d to nestle into awkward spaces
- Mario Botta and André Ricard for Pierre… Junod
- Everyday Special by Mr Jones Watches
- Wear a representation of your favourite …narcotic around your neck
- Dolls by Viktor & Rolf at Studio Job Gal…lery
- Revised Craft by Sjoerd Vroonland
- Frost by Mars
- Joseph Grima explores changing ideas of …domesticity for Biennale Interieur exhibition
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories