The Z-Chair is made of polished stainless steel in a limited edition of 24 pieces.
Above two photographs are by Ruy Teixera, courtesy of Sawaya & Moroni.
Here's some text from the manufacturers:
The design of the Z-Chair Chair summarizes the essence of contemporary design and the research developed by Zaha Hadid Architects over the last three decades. A simple three-dimensional gesture zigzags in the space as part of the continued discourse between form and function, elegance and utility, differentiation and continuity.
Geometric abstractions inform the design’s linear loop, which is articulated along its path in a language that alternates thin wire streams and large surfaces to provide both ergonomic affordances and inherent stability to the overall shape. The dichotomy between the elegance of the composition and its articulation is negotiated through a subtle play of contrasting angular corners and wide, smooth curves.
The resulting form echoes the calligraphic gestures of Hadid’s two-dimensional works; a controlled brush stroke on a canvas, the perfect synthesis of an idea: the sketch.
Limited edition of 24 +3AP
Height: 880 mm
Depth: 610 mm
Materials: stainless steel
- Designed in Hackney: Lufthansa Business …Class Seat and Cabin by PearsonLloyd
- Design Museum Collection App: computers
- Hanukkah menorah by Richard Meier
- Pop Up Vaccine by Elena Figus
- Industrial Facility's w152 lamps charge …electronic devices
- OOO Lamp by Vasiliy Butenko
- Min-Kyu Choi wins Brit Insurance Design …of the Year Award 2010
- From Now to Eternity
- Tripod table by Noon Studio
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories