The Z-Chair is made of polished stainless steel in a limited edition of 24 pieces.
Above two photographs are by Ruy Teixera, courtesy of Sawaya & Moroni.
Here's some text from the manufacturers:
The design of the Z-Chair Chair summarizes the essence of contemporary design and the research developed by Zaha Hadid Architects over the last three decades. A simple three-dimensional gesture zigzags in the space as part of the continued discourse between form and function, elegance and utility, differentiation and continuity.
Geometric abstractions inform the design’s linear loop, which is articulated along its path in a language that alternates thin wire streams and large surfaces to provide both ergonomic affordances and inherent stability to the overall shape. The dichotomy between the elegance of the composition and its articulation is negotiated through a subtle play of contrasting angular corners and wide, smooth curves.
The resulting form echoes the calligraphic gestures of Hadid’s two-dimensional works; a controlled brush stroke on a canvas, the perfect synthesis of an idea: the sketch.
Limited edition of 24 +3AP
Height: 880 mm
Depth: 610 mm
Materials: stainless steel
- Today at Dezeen Platform: Roger Arquer
- Vivienne Westwood launches Virgin Atlant…ic uniforms
- Aoyama by Noé Duchaufour-Lawrance for L…igne Roset
- WasteLandscape by Elise Morin and Cléme…nce Eliard
- Dezeen's top 10 installations of 2014
- Lighting design classes at the Brandi In…stitute
- Chocolate pencils by Nendo
- Lix 3D-printing pen allows users to crea…te solid drawings in the air
- The Makings of Luxury accessories collec…tion demonstrates contemporary craft techniques
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories