Called Perch, the series comprises a dining chair, rocking chair, coat rack, desk with a light in the hood and a reading chair with a shield on one side.
Photographs are by Benjamin Le Du.
Here are sonme more details from the designer:
The Perch Collection consists of several pieces based on the same construction: a reading chair, coat rack, rocking chair, chair and desk with integrated light. With this collection I wanted to show a large family of functionalities working off the same principle.
Colour scheme harmony is also an important part of the project with each colour “coded” for a different function, or specific place.
Everything is made in birch wood with a basic cnc machine. Thanks to the School Boulle, Fabrice Chouard, Alain Mangaud Léo Perreand et Damien Herouard.
- Marc Newson on the projects that got awa…y
- Gitta Gschwendtner at Wellcome Collectio…n 2
- Workplace by TAF
- Helsinki Design Museum exhibition celebr…ates "Finland's second designer"
- Aalto University students design chairs …from bright blue plywood
- Invert Footwear by Elisa van Joolen
- Objects in Neri&Hu's Cabinet of Curiosit…y symbolise the seven deadly sins
- JAILmake pop-up studio at Tent London
- Designed in Hackney: Balzac armchair by …Matthew Hilton for SCP
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories