The Lumber chair is made of thick wooden dowels and a single bent ply shell with wood upholstery.
McLellan also used the same technique to design a stool.
The following is from the Designer:
These pieces use interlocking knuckle joints similar to those found on traditional log cabins to give the frames their signature detailing, and a strength that far exceeds their visual lightness.
The beauty of the joint is that it requires very little mechanical fastening, and the connections are self tightening - any movement in the frame actually pulls the connections tighter together.
The Lumber Chair and Lumber Stool are constructed from solid ash dowels, the stool with a solid ash seat and the chair with a bent ply shell upholstered in a wool textile.
- Watch Sculptures: Moments in Time by Dom…inic Wilcox
- Thonet Concept Bike by Andy Martin Studi…o
- Chaise longue by Neri Oxman uses 3D prin…ting to create a multi-coloured cocoon
- Download the first FOMO experiment in al…gorithmic publishing direct from Milan
- Sebastian Cox and Lorna Singleton use an…cient crafting technique to weave wooden furniture
- New work by Maarten Baas in Milan
- Fritz Hansen reintroduces Arne Jacobsen …chair with new wooden legs
- Master Plan by Chad Wright
- Charming Disaster
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories