In more fashion news, designer Elham Seyed Javad of Canadian company ResportOn designed a hood for Muslim women who want to keep their hair covered while playing sport.
The Sports Hijab is a tight-fitting hood attached to a T-shirt with a high collar and is made of stretchy, fast-drying fabric.
Hair is kept away from the neck in an internal pouch, while an opening at the back allows wearers to readjust their hair.
Photographs are by Iqö Design Inc.
Here are some more details from ResportOn:
Each element is designed to live up to your PERFORMANCE.
The hood’s unique design keeps all the hair away from the face. The hi-tech material, featuring micro-pores, dries extremely quickly, up to 14 times faster than cotton. Treated before fabrication, the fibers preserve their properties after multiple washings.
It's designed for your COMFORT.
Resporton fits your body’s shape. The Coverstitch technology makes seam imperceptible. The stretchable fabric allows for free movement of the head. The specially designed pocketed cap holds hair away from the neck.
Concern about detail and sleek design are combined for comfortable performance with STYLE.
- Coolmax R fiber
- Regulates body temperature
- Imperceptible stitches
- Stretch material
- Hair pocket
- Designed in Montreal
- Manufactured in Montreal
- Poured Bar by Studio Glithero
- The Foetus Project by Jorge Lopes Dos Sa…ntos
- Chairless by Alejandro Aravena for Vitra
- Movie: tour of Design Products at Show R…CA 2012 with Tord Boontje
- Nicole Goymann and Christoph John create… shoes from deconstructed silkworm cocoons
- More Design Indaba photos
- Lace Fence goes into production
- Muller Van Severen to present new furnit…ure at Viaduct exhibition
- Food and Design videos: Kiki van Eijk
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories