In more fashion news, designer Elham Seyed Javad of Canadian company ResportOn designed a hood for Muslim women who want to keep their hair covered while playing sport.
The Sports Hijab is a tight-fitting hood attached to a T-shirt with a high collar and is made of stretchy, fast-drying fabric.
Hair is kept away from the neck in an internal pouch, while an opening at the back allows wearers to readjust their hair.
Photographs are by Iqö Design Inc.
Here are some more details from ResportOn:
Each element is designed to live up to your PERFORMANCE.
The hood’s unique design keeps all the hair away from the face. The hi-tech material, featuring micro-pores, dries extremely quickly, up to 14 times faster than cotton. Treated before fabrication, the fibers preserve their properties after multiple washings.
It's designed for your COMFORT.
Resporton fits your body’s shape. The Coverstitch technology makes seam imperceptible. The stretchable fabric allows for free movement of the head. The specially designed pocketed cap holds hair away from the neck.
Concern about detail and sleek design are combined for comfortable performance with STYLE.
- Coolmax R fiber
- Regulates body temperature
- Imperceptible stitches
- Stretch material
- Hair pocket
- Designed in Montreal
- Manufactured in Montreal
- Peapod electric car by Chrysler
- Discipline launches in Milan
- Dyson Hard two-in-one vacuum cleaner by …Dyson
- Movie: Collective Works by Mischer'Traxl…er at Clerkenwell Design Week
- Banquet by Paula O'Connor
- Pelt by Benjamin Hubert for De La Espada
- Analogue wood and brass tools transforme…d into digital measuring devices
- WertelOberfell dresses Mannequin chairs …in quilted upholstery
- Today at Dezeen Platform: Clinton Sheldo…n
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories