In more fashion news, designer Elham Seyed Javad of Canadian company ResportOn designed a hood for Muslim women who want to keep their hair covered while playing sport.
The Sports Hijab is a tight-fitting hood attached to a T-shirt with a high collar and is made of stretchy, fast-drying fabric.
Hair is kept away from the neck in an internal pouch, while an opening at the back allows wearers to readjust their hair.
Photographs are by Iqö Design Inc.
Here are some more details from ResportOn:
Each element is designed to live up to your PERFORMANCE.
The hood’s unique design keeps all the hair away from the face. The hi-tech material, featuring micro-pores, dries extremely quickly, up to 14 times faster than cotton. Treated before fabrication, the fibers preserve their properties after multiple washings.
It's designed for your COMFORT.
Resporton fits your body’s shape. The Coverstitch technology makes seam imperceptible. The stretchable fabric allows for free movement of the head. The specially designed pocketed cap holds hair away from the neck.
Concern about detail and sleek design are combined for comfortable performance with STYLE.
- Coolmax R fiber
- Regulates body temperature
- Imperceptible stitches
- Stretch material
- Hair pocket
- Designed in Montreal
- Manufactured in Montreal
- Lightweight by Studio Tord Boontje
- Object 12-1 by Matija Čop
- Solid desk accessories by Magnus Petters…en
- Yeh Wall Table by Kenyon Yeh goes into p…roduction
- Kelp Objects by Julia Lohmann
- Technology and design: our digitally ena…bled future
- Sebastian Errazuriz creates Samurai Cabi…net from 364 moveable ribs
- Diamond Jubilee Souvenir Poster by Sarah… Hyndman
- Colour Glass by Scholten & Baijings for …Hay
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories