These shelf boxes by London designer Bahbak Hashemi-Nezhad can be hung from the wall by a single pin.
Silicone pads on the rear of the Shelframe shelves allow them to grip the wall, preventing tipping when heavier items are placed on one side.
The following information is from the designer:
Shelframe is a shelving system designed by London based designer Bahbak Hashemi-Nezhad that suspends from a single point.
The shelves are designed to occupy a space normally reserved for a framed images, and they act so as to frame compositions of everyday objects for use and display.
The cable tension allow the shelves to support heavy objects while the silicone pads create a self-securing system that grips the wall as the shelf becomes loaded. This also means that the shelf does not tilt to one side if heavy objects are placed unevenly.
Bahbak Hashemi-Nezhad is a London based designer with a background in photography and an interest in social space. He graduated from the Royal College of Art in 2008, establishing a cross-disciplinary practice that produces work ranging from interior spaces, recipes, furniture, photography, public interventions, and products.
- Flex silicone pots by Tomas Kral for Pra…xis
- Lladró Re-Cyclos by Committee 2
- Lee Broom creates Nouveau Rebel collecti…on in "de rigueur" marble
- Heinz Mack installs towering golden colu…mns on a Venetian island
- Tommaso Caldera encloses Tull Lamp in a …wire cage
- Jambox by Yves Béhar
- Luminous ceilings and carpets will becom…e commonplace, says lead designer at Philips
- Dolfi is a tiny ultrasonic washing machi…ne for delicate clothes
- Mercury by Ziiiro at Dezeen Watch Store
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories