Spanish architects bgstudio have completed this looping bridge that links the historic city of Alicante to the beach, crossing a busy road.
Named Pasarela del Postiguet, the pedestrian bridge has a curved form that is illuminated at night by internal LEDs.
See our earlier story for original renders of the design.
Photography is by Marin Marinovic and Javier Guijarro Tortosa (bgstudio).
Here is some text from bgstudio:
Pasarela del Postiguet – Alicante
“A breeze envelope – contemporary architecture design”
The intervention follows the structure of the existing runway redefining its aesthetic language to give it dynamism and fluidity that transmit the innovative and contemporary character of the city of Alicante.
Thus the union between the castle and the sea becomes a nice envelope curve that varies along its section of the gateway and accentuates the movement of the whole.
A warm gesture of welcome to the Mediterranean.
The shell is made of a translucent material with programmable lighting system using LED technology that is able to vary its hue at night.
The cast soft colours that change with each season, clean profiles reinforce the gateway.
This reflection in theglass on the railing transmits a careful balance between lyricism and technology.
Every night, Alicante bring to the sea a modern streak of light.
Click above for larger image
- Ideas wanted for a more cycle-friendly L…ondon
- House with Gardens by Tetsuo Kondo
- Wave is a surfer's house with a protrudi…ng windowless facade and a secret courtyard
- Ormond Esplanade by Judd Lysenko Marshal…l Architects
- DEM Power Engineering Demonstration Cent…re by NAPUR Architect
- Iwan Baan on "architecture without archi…tects"
- Maison a Vincennes by Atelier Zündel Cr…istea features glass-walled extension
- Sliced Porosity Block by Steven Holl Arc…hitects
- The Pixel Hirschgasse by Thomas Feichtne…r
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories