Spanish architects bgstudio have completed this looping bridge that links the historic city of Alicante to the beach, crossing a busy road.
Named Pasarela del Postiguet, the pedestrian bridge has a curved form that is illuminated at night by internal LEDs.
See our earlier story for original renders of the design.
Photography is by Marin Marinovic and Javier Guijarro Tortosa (bgstudio).
Here is some text from bgstudio:
Pasarela del Postiguet – Alicante
“A breeze envelope – contemporary architecture design”
The intervention follows the structure of the existing runway redefining its aesthetic language to give it dynamism and fluidity that transmit the innovative and contemporary character of the city of Alicante.
Thus the union between the castle and the sea becomes a nice envelope curve that varies along its section of the gateway and accentuates the movement of the whole.
A warm gesture of welcome to the Mediterranean.
The shell is made of a translucent material with programmable lighting system using LED technology that is able to vary its hue at night.
The cast soft colours that change with each season, clean profiles reinforce the gateway.
This reflection in theglass on the railing transmits a careful balance between lyricism and technology.
Every night, Alicante bring to the sea a modern streak of light.
Click above for larger image
- PKU University of Law by Kokaistudios
- Copenhagen dance hall converted into o…ffice for Danish law society
- Daaf Geluk School by KoningEllis Archi…tects
- School Complex in Zaragoza by Magén A…rquitectos
- Seoul house becomes museum highlightin…g the plight of second world war "comfort women"
- Chunky tower covered in plants propose…d for Taiwan's capital
- Casa per tutti at Milan Triennale
- Angled openings create balconies acros…s the facade of MORA apartments by ADNBA
- Francisco Mangado expands a Spanish mu…seum by adding a new building behind a historic facade
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories