Metal brackets at the corners of each shelf slot into grooves in the round wooden uprights.
Once tightened, the yellow hose clips hold each one firmly in place.
Quilted fabric covers can be attached to the shelf edges using magnets concealed in their seams.
Here are some more details from the designer:
Hose clip shelving is a extendible shelving system which consists of three main components: wooden pole, steel bracket and shelf board.
The repetition of those components create a versatile, modular, flat pack shelving unit which introduces standard hose clips to the furniture world.
A magnetic curtain adds a soft element to the structure which allows the user to have closed compartments in a very open storage system.
Material: solid ash, ash veneered ply, steel, hose clips with PP wing nut
- Bachag by Joongho Choi
- Aquariva by Marc Newson
- Decouper Toile Collection and Bloody Hel…l by Timorous Beasties
- Dezeen Platform: Thomas Feichtner
- Francesco Faccin creates "micro architec…ture" for bees with Honey Factory
- Human Body Shop by Eliot Postma
- Eley Kishimoto and Fossil launch watch w…ith a "new way of telling time"
- Privé by Philippe Starck for Cassina
- Imogen Heap's music gloves could help di…sabled people "fulfil what's in their head"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories