Metal brackets at the corners of each shelf slot into grooves in the round wooden uprights.
Once tightened, the yellow hose clips hold each one firmly in place.
Quilted fabric covers can be attached to the shelf edges using magnets concealed in their seams.
Here are some more details from the designer:
Hose clip shelving is a extendible shelving system which consists of three main components: wooden pole, steel bracket and shelf board.
The repetition of those components create a versatile, modular, flat pack shelving unit which introduces standard hose clips to the furniture world.
A magnetic curtain adds a soft element to the structure which allows the user to have closed compartments in a very open storage system.
Material: solid ash, ash veneered ply, steel, hose clips with PP wing nut
- Minimalux by Mark Holmes
- Chairless by Alejandro Aravena for Vitra
- Philip Michael Wolfson at Covent Garden …Super Design
- Urban Nebula by Zaha Hadid
- Couture by Marcel Wanders for Graham & B…rown
- Parallel Architecture by James Thompson …at Show RCA 2012
- 3D-printed jewellery by Maria Jennifer C…arew clips onto garments
- Dezeen Watch Store pop-up at 55 Neal Str…eet
- Renzo Piano designs handbag to match new… Whitney Museum
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories