Metal brackets at the corners of each shelf slot into grooves in the round wooden uprights.
Once tightened, the yellow hose clips hold each one firmly in place.
Quilted fabric covers can be attached to the shelf edges using magnets concealed in their seams.
Here are some more details from the designer:
Hose clip shelving is a extendible shelving system which consists of three main components: wooden pole, steel bracket and shelf board.
The repetition of those components create a versatile, modular, flat pack shelving unit which introduces standard hose clips to the furniture world.
A magnetic curtain adds a soft element to the structure which allows the user to have closed compartments in a very open storage system.
Material: solid ash, ash veneered ply, steel, hose clips with PP wing nut
- Nomadic Furniture by Jorge Penadés
- Movie: interview with Maarten De Ceulaer
- I Love Copyright by e-glue
- Today at Dezeen Platform: Merel Sloothee…r, Liat Azulay and Pieter Frank de Jong
- Fragiles at Design Miami
- Lazy Bastard by Bertjan Pot for Montis
- My Beautiful Backside by Doshi Levien
- Hall Stand by Nick Fraser
- Jaime Hayón designs furniture based on …Le Corbusier architecture
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories