The movie above shows the P-Tree urinals in use at Mysteryland festival near Amsterdam.
The urinals are made of rotational-moulded plastic and can either connect to the main sewage system or a tank with a pump.
50 of the orange urinals were strapped to tree trunks for the festival last weekend.
Here are some more details from Aandeboom:
P-Tree at Roskilde Festival 2011
The P-Trees were a great success at the Roskilde Festival 2011 in Denmark, with more than 100,000 visitors and many of them using the P-TREE more than once. For Roskilde AANDEBOOM produced 50 P-Trees in the typical Roskilde Orange color. The P-Trees were placed on 2 different spots near the main stage. By using the P-Tree the festivals problem with public peeing was significant reduced.
The P-Tree is a temporary tree-friendly urinal that can be fixed on every tree using straps and lashings. The P-Tree gives a feeling of freedom.
The P-Tree can be hooked up to a central sewage system or connected to a tank with a pump.
Material: rotation moulded recycled plastic, stainless steel and straps and lashings. The P-Tree and lashings are available in different RAL colours.
- Boutique Runway by CLS Architetti
- Interview with Kwangho Lee
- Dezeen Watch Store summer sale: up to 40…% off LunaTik watches
- Dezeen podcast: ExperimentaDesign 09
- Undressed by Jessica Lichtenstein
- BMW Art Cars
- Archipix by Federico Babina
- Dolls by Viktor & Rolf at Studio Job Gal…lery
- Lees Mee braille stamps by René Put
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories