The designers from Croatia and Austria suspended large nets from the walls and ceiling to creating a shifting landscape that's distorted as people move around inside.
Numen/For Use are best known for their Tape Installations, which use several kilometers of transparent sticky tape to create cocoons between the pilars of a host building or scaffolding. See our earlier story about their installation at DMY Berlin 2010 here.
NET is on show at Z33 in Hasselt until 2 October 2011.
Photography is by Kristof Vrancken.
The following information is provided:
First Belgian exhibition by Austrian/Croatian design collective
From 3 July to 2 October Z33 - house for contemporary art shows the new installation ‘NET’ by the Austrian/Croation design collective Numen / For Use. They have created this new installation for their first exhibition in Belgium.
NET consists of flexible nets suspended from the walls and ceiling, which form a floating ‘landscape’. This landscape gives visitors the opportunity to climb in these nets or to explore the space. The installation refers to biomorphic architecture and urban dream images from previous decades.
Numen / For Use is the design collective of Sven Jonke, Christoph Katzler and Nikola Radeljkovic. As For Use they are active as product designers for major design companies, while they realize interiors, exhibitions and public spaces as Numen.
Z33 is a house for contemporary art based in Hasselt, Belgium. It is an unique laboratory and meeting place for experiment and innovation. Since its founding in 2002, Z33 produces and shows projects that reflect on societal and scientific evolutions. This is translated into concrete themes in which everyday things play a central role.
- Café Coutume by CUT Architectures
- Pop-up store for Stella McCartney by Gil…es Miller
- Restaurant Experience Banking by Crea In…ternational and DINN!
- Loft Apartment by Alex Bykov
- Jaffa\Tel Aviv Restaurant by Baranowitz …Kronenberg Architecture
- Patterns of sand shift over time in Frid…a Escobedo's installation for Aesop
- Grzegorz Layer creates a menswear store …inside a former sewing factory
- Dezeen archive: apartments
- Camper Shanghai by Neri&Hu
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories