The collection combines shiny plastic shells with traditional leather soles and matte-leather linings that are revealed as the uppers twist and fold.
Dezeen is quite keen on crazy footwear - check out more stories about strange shoes here.
Here's some more information from Victoria Spruce:
The collection was originally inspired by organic, flowing sculptures, giving the idea that the object could consist of one flowing continuous line and material.
Through using hard materials and new technologies combined with traditional shoemaking materials and techniques an element of contrast is highly visible yet working together as one.
Emphasised by the use of tonal matte leathers to line the plastic and traditional leather soles, the contrast between the modern plastic look and the traditional aspects becomes even further evident.
The result is a combination of hard and soft, a contrast of matte vs. shine, and an unlikely pairing of modern technology and traditional techniques creating sculptural and fresh new footwear.
Supported by: The Worshipful Company of Leathersellers, Richard Paice and Daniel Rubin (RCA Footwear Scholarship).
- Boomerang Wok by Nikolaï Carels for Roy…al VKB
- Dynasty Revival by Lane Crawford
- Dyslexic Objects win New Designer of the… Year Award 2013
- Debut collection by Herman Cph includes …oak tables with spindly steel legs
- Designed in Hackney: Lufthansa Business …Class Seat and Cabin by PearsonLloyd
- Mini Jambox by Jawbone
- Brazilian Baroque by the Campana Brothe…rs
- Movie: Stuart Haygarth at Design Miami
- The Regional Blanket by Vík Prjónsdót…tir
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories