Competition: we've teamed up with London designer Max Lamb to give readers the chance to win one of five signed copies of his new book China Granite Project II.
The 112-page book documents the making of his second collection of furniture that's cut from granite in a Chinese quarry.
This competition is now closed. Five winners will be selected at random and notified by email. Winners’ names will be published in a future edition of our Dezeenmail newsletter and at the bottom of this page. Dezeen competitions are international and entries are accepted from readers in any country.
China Granite Project II
This book documents the making of China Granite Project II – a collection of furniture by Max Lamb realised in October 2010 using an igneous granite known as Sesame Black native to Fujian Province, China.
A book published by Everyday Life Books by Apartamento Magazine launched during Design Miami/Basel in June 2011 to accompany Max’s solo exhibition with Johnson Trading Gallery.
24cm x 15.5cm
112 pages, soft cover with belly band
Drawings and photography: Max Lamb and Man Kit Au-Yeung
Design by Omar Sosa
Interview by Marco Velardi
Published by Apartamento Magazine for Everyday Life Books
Retail price: £17 plus shipping
Also available from Max Lamb's shop and Bruil.
Congratulations to the winners! Fraser Moore in New Zealand, Peter Ainsworth in the UK, Juliana Melo Pereira in Brazil, Vojtesek Jiri in the Czech Republic and James Heard in the United States all won copies of China Granite Project II.
- Juergen Mayer H. exhibits stone sculptur…e based on data-protection patterns in Miami
- Campanas for Alessi
- Rooftop hangar by TDO provides launchpad… for James Bridle's surveillance balloon
- The Hu-Mannequin Project by Studio Nminu…sOne
- 5 O'Clock Chair by Nika Zupanc for Moooi
- Black Gold homeware collection by Quintu…s Kropholler is made of tarmac
- 2440x1220, Saw, Assemble by Pål Rodeniu…s
- The Chicken Projectby Kieren Jones
- Architects' Jewellery collection is made… up of miniature draughting tools
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories