Japanese designer Hiroyuki Miyake's calendar works like a retractable tape measure, with one centimetre for each day of the year.
The Measure calendar is produced under his own brand, M75.
Oscar Diaz' Ink Calendar that uses the capillary action of ink spreading across paper to display the date was one of our most popular stories last year.
Here's a tiny bit of text from Miyake:
It is a calendar which measures the time of replacing 1 cm with 1 day.
By visualizing the length of the time, you can recognise something new feeling about the passed days and the left days.
At the present age when all things are digitised and even the time is equalised, I believe that this calendar gives new value of the time.
Product title: Measure calendar
Label name: M75
Designer: Hiroyuki Miyake
- Philippe Starck at Driade
- Helga Mogensen and Berglind Gunnarsdótt…ir at DesignMarch
- Tafelstukken by Daphna Isaacs and Lauren…s Manders
- Crown Vase by Lambert Rainville creates …freestanding flower arrangements
- The SOL Dome by Loop.pH
- Dezeen Watch Store: VOID steel bracelet …by David Ericsson for VOID
- Wedgwoodn’t by Michael Eden
- Nested Bunk Beds by Tsai Design Studio
- Lightworks by Marcus Tremonto 2
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories