Japanese designer Hiroyuki Miyake's calendar works like a retractable tape measure, with one centimetre for each day of the year.
The Measure calendar is produced under his own brand, M75.
Oscar Diaz' Ink Calendar that uses the capillary action of ink spreading across paper to display the date was one of our most popular stories last year.
Here's a tiny bit of text from Miyake:
It is a calendar which measures the time of replacing 1 cm with 1 day.
By visualizing the length of the time, you can recognise something new feeling about the passed days and the left days.
At the present age when all things are digitised and even the time is equalised, I believe that this calendar gives new value of the time.
Product title: Measure calendar
Label name: M75
Designer: Hiroyuki Miyake
- Jamie Zigelbaum's acrylic stalactite l…ights respond to movement underneath
- Forrest Myers at Hedge Gallery
- Director Jonathan Irwin burns 250 hand…-made model buildings in Aqualung music video
- Designers of the Future reveal interac…tive jellyfish and tools for space exploration
- Water-shaped bottles by Xiaoli Wen
- Studio Swine extends collection of pro…ducts made from hair
- Y Collection by A+A Cooren for La Redo…ute
- "There is no nature anymore" – Liam …Young of Tomorrow's Thoughts Today
- Big-Game launches range of multi-facet…ed door handles
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories