Japanese designer Hiroyuki Miyake's calendar works like a retractable tape measure, with one centimetre for each day of the year.
The Measure calendar is produced under his own brand, M75.
Oscar Diaz' Ink Calendar that uses the capillary action of ink spreading across paper to display the date was one of our most popular stories last year.
Here's a tiny bit of text from Miyake:
It is a calendar which measures the time of replacing 1 cm with 1 day.
By visualizing the length of the time, you can recognise something new feeling about the passed days and the left days.
At the present age when all things are digitised and even the time is equalised, I believe that this calendar gives new value of the time.
Product title: Measure calendar
Label name: M75
Designer: Hiroyuki Miyake
- ZFW watch by plusminuszero
- Bone Chair by Julien de Smedt Architects
- Superfolk at Stockholm Furniture Fair
- Forbidden Fruit by Glimpt
- Ron Arad's Spring furniture collection "…turned the direction of Moroso"
- Hotel Taj Mahal by Constantin and Lauren…e Leon Boym
- Artemide Flagship Store Taiwan by CROX
- Biomimicry Shoe by Marieka Ratsma and Ko…stika Spaho
- BIG Chair Project for Jamie Oliver at Re…public of Fritz Hansen
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories