This year’s London School of Economics students can take time out from studies in a custom-built lounge, where boxy white stools slots into walls and a central table.
Faceted walls and angled mirrors surround the Student Salon, which was completed by London architects Feix & Merlin just in time for the start of term.
Students with work to do can plug their laptops into plug sockets and data points located within framed recesses in the walls.
These recesses also house alarm panels, shelves, and signage.
Other recent interiors featuring mirrors include an apartment with wrinkly mirrored walls and a clothes store with a photography studio concealed at its centre.
Photography is by Andy Matthews.
Here's a little more from the architects:
Earlier this year Feix & Merlin Architects were invited by the LSE to re-imagine their Student Salon, a ground floor shop front type space in one of the campus buildings where students spend their free between lectures or come to just meet and hang out. The project was on a tight budget and timeline but is now complete, just in time for Fresher's Week.
The design incorporates new faceted timber wall lining with ornately framed or coloured recesses for custom made benches and desks as well as shelving, power+data points, alarm panels and signage.
Angled mirrored panels on the walls and ceiling create a slightly surreal perspective as you walk in. A central desk has been custom made with pullout seating for all that hot-desking students do nowadays and a bench at the rear is the perfect place for a little bit of inter-disciplinary fraternisation.
Location: St. Clements Lane, LSE Campus in Holborn, London
Client: The LSE, London School of Economics
- Skate Villa by Philipp Schuster
- Brooklyn exhibition pairs work of Piero …Lissoni and local designers
- Studio Wieki Somers presents retrospecti…ve exhibition at Rotterdam museum
- Grzywinski+Pons pairs industrial fixture…s with pastel tones for Urban Villa hotel lobby
- Klein Dytham complete Moku Moku Yu baths
- New Pinterest board: living rooms
- Seoul fashion boutique features yellow w…alls and an Eames bird above the entrance
- Spontaneous City in the Tree of Heavenby… London Fieldworks
- "It's just as hard to do a good interior… as it is to do a good building"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories