An inflatable naked man bulges against the walls of this gallery where visitors can stay the night, either on the floor of one gallery or in a van outside.
The sculpture forms part of current exhibition Too Fat To Fail by artist Jeremie Maret, who founded The Proposal gallery in Zurich alongside partner Lenny Staples.
Designer Christian Weber of Plasma Design helped to create the two makeshift double bedrooms, where plain white bedding provides basic accommodation for both artists in residence and visitors who want to watch exhibitions being installed.
Guests can pay to stay during any future exhibitions and are treated to welcome and goodbye drinks, breakfast and the use of gallery-owned bicycle.
Photography is by Benjamin Hofer
Here's some more text from The Proposal:
Residence in art:
THE PROPOSAL offers two unique accommodations during the exhibitions.
Choose between our Peugoet J7 bus (1977) and the proposal bedroom situated in a separate room in the gallery itself.
Both rooms offer a warm and cozy queen-size bed for two guests.
THE PROPOSAL presents six ideas that combine art and hospitality starting in November 2011.
The exhibition space will be used to create a prototype version of possible artwork.
THE PROPOSAL allows the visitor to discuss and experience ideas during the exhibition.
"THE PROPOSAL showcases concepts by artists to prospective buyers. proposals are key steps in the realization process of artwork.
The value of a proposal should become more relevant than the actual price of a purchase." Based on Larry Newman.
- Red Nest by Paul Coudamy
- Bakery in Porto by Paulo Merlini
- Studio MK27's "bookstore of the 21st c…entury" was designed as a social meeting place
- Simon Astridge lines a walk-through dr…essing room in leather
- Lucca llena shoe store by Ryutaro Mats…uura
- Architecture studio with a bulging wal…l by domohomo architects
- Apartment in Amsterdam by MAMM Design …features a sunken kitchen
- ASK Hertford by Gundry & Ducker
- Installation for the UK Pavilion at Sh…anghai Expo 2010 by Troika
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories