The padded pouches are made of organic paper, cotton and sheep's wool with hemp straps.
They're tear-resistant, waterproof and biodegradable.
Here's some more information from Papernomads:
Modern nomads value mobility, sustainability and individuality. Papernomads meet these demands by providing original, eco-friendly, protective sleeves for personal electronics.
The cases, made from 100% organic materials, are tear-resistant, waterproof and biodegradable.
The intended use of today’s electronics is rarely more than a couple of years. Why protect them with plastic covers that will likely outlive the device? Papernomad’s patented material is beige in colour, comprised of several layers of paper, cotton, and Australian sheep’s wool. The pull-strap is made from hemp fiber. When it’s time to upgrade an electronic device, the protective sleeve can be reused. If your relationship with an electronic device has expired, the protective case can be composted.
Most of us live and travel through a world of constant change - a world that we are at risk of losing ourselves in. Paper is the perfect analogue counterbalance to this metal and glass digital world that surrounds us.
Why not use our paper to make products that capture our experiences as quick scribbles, coffee stains, finger prints, telephone numbers or the occasional lipstick impression that lingers on our paper case and in our minds. Not unlike a diary, our paper products document our experiences and create reference points in time for us to remember who we are.
Dezeen presents The Temporium
65 Monmouth Street
Seven Dials, Covent Garden
London WC2H 9DG
020 7503 7319
1-24 December 2011
Monday – Saturday: 11:00 – 19:00
Late-night shopping Thursday until 20:00
Sunday: 12:00 – 17:00
More info: www.thetemporium.com
- Prickly headdresses by Maiko Takeda glow… in the dark
- Dominic Wilcox: "I'm deadly serious abou…t being playful"
- Blinking City by Instant Hutong
- "I think I swallowed some of the resin" …- Phil Cuttance
- GTF unveil neon installation
- Beasties, Zaha and BarberOsgerby for 20l…td
- Highlights of Sight Unseen Offsite at Ne…w York design week
- Marc Newson: from hand-welding aluminium… furniture to designing for Apple
- Studio Job's Pussy Cats sculptures captu…re aggressive feline behaviour
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories