Dezeen Wire: an annual report released by the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat in Chicago reveals that the number of buildings over 200 metres tall completed in the last year has increased for the fifth consecutive time.
88 skyscrapers were constructed in 2011 in total, with the three tallest skyscrapers being Kingkey 100 in Shenzhen, the Al Hamra Firdous Tower in Kuwait City, and 23 Marina in Dubai.
Last month the CTBUH predicted what the tallest buildings will be in the 2020 - see the results of that report here.
- Cloud City by Studio Lindfors
- 55 Blair Road by ONG&ONG
- Hewn limestone walls and an overhanging …roof enclose a hillside home in Nairobi
- W1 House by West Architecture
- West Buckland School by Rundell Associat…es
- Profile House by BLOXAS
- Bibliothek Luckenwalde by FF Architekten… and Martina Wronna
- Duikklok by Bedaux de Brouwer Architecte…n
- Museum of the History of Polish Jews by …Lahdelma & Mahlamäki Architects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories