Dezeen Wire: an annual report released by the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat in Chicago reveals that the number of buildings over 200 metres tall completed in the last year has increased for the fifth consecutive time.
88 skyscrapers were constructed in 2011 in total, with the three tallest skyscrapers being Kingkey 100 in Shenzhen, the Al Hamra Firdous Tower in Kuwait City, and 23 Marina in Dubai.
Last month the CTBUH predicted what the tallest buildings will be in the 2020 - see the results of that report here.
- National Art Museum of China competition… entry by Gehry Partners
- House Meijer by Van der Jeugd Architecte…n
- British Embassy in Jakarta by HOK
- Olympic Ice Rink of Liège by L'Escaut
- Light and shadow get an equal billing in…side E House by Hannat Architects
- Casa Paz by Arturo Franco Office for Arc…hitecture
- Angular steel canopy covers refurbished …community centre by Collins and Turner
- Pezo von Ellrichshausen's Casa Cien is a… home and studio with a bumpy concrete finish
- Åre Solbringen by Waldemarson Berglund
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories