Dezeen Wire: an annual report released by the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat in Chicago reveals that the number of buildings over 200 metres tall completed in the last year has increased for the fifth consecutive time.
88 skyscrapers were constructed in 2011 in total, with the three tallest skyscrapers being Kingkey 100 in Shenzhen, the Al Hamra Firdous Tower in Kuwait City, and 23 Marina in Dubai.
Last month the CTBUH predicted what the tallest buildings will be in the 2020 - see the results of that report here.
- Secondary School Ergolding with quadrupl…e-height assembly hall by Behnisch Architekten
- Architect explains how he will 3D print …a "whole building in one go"
- Hooke Park Big Shed by AA Design & Make
- The Culture Yard by AART Architects
- Holmenkollen ski jump by JDS Architects …completed
- Hong Kong & Shenzhen Biennale photos
- Lake Hawea Courtyard House by Glamuzina …Paterson Architects
- Agbaria House by Ron Fleisher Architects
- Agora Garden by Vincent Callebaut
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories