Dezeen Wire: an annual report released by the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat in Chicago reveals that the number of buildings over 200 metres tall completed in the last year has increased for the fifth consecutive time.
88 skyscrapers were constructed in 2011 in total, with the three tallest skyscrapers being Kingkey 100 in Shenzhen, the Al Hamra Firdous Tower in Kuwait City, and 23 Marina in Dubai.
Last month the CTBUH predicted what the tallest buildings will be in the 2020 - see the results of that report here.
- Faustino Winery by Foster + Partners
- Drones can "weave structures in space …in just a few minutes"
- Lift by Apollo Architects & Associates
- Four-storey house with tree-lined balc…onies by Ryo Matsui Architects
- Pottersfields Park pavilions by DSDHA
- Charles Correa's crystalline Islamic c…entre joins the Aga Khan Museum in a Toronto park
- Dezeen's A-Zdvent calendar: Residence …O by Andrea Tognon
- Villa Plus by Waldemarson Berglund
- Fiat Lux by Label Architecture
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories