Dezeen Wire: an annual report released by the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat in Chicago reveals that the number of buildings over 200 metres tall completed in the last year has increased for the fifth consecutive time.
88 skyscrapers were constructed in 2011 in total, with the three tallest skyscrapers being Kingkey 100 in Shenzhen, the Al Hamra Firdous Tower in Kuwait City, and 23 Marina in Dubai.
Last month the CTBUH predicted what the tallest buildings will be in the 2020 - see the results of that report here.
- 36 The Calls by Fletcher Crane Architect…s
- Hiroshima Hut by Suppose Design Office i…s a see-through house with sunken rooms
- Ogimachi Global Dispensing Pharmacy by T…KY Japan
- Vo Trong Nghia's latest low-cost house i…s "stable enough to withstand natural disasters"
- Sports Hall by 3LHD
- Z.BOX by Zaha Hadid
- The Curving House by JOHO Architecture
- Community In A Cube by FAT
- Neighbourhood Centre by Colboc Franzen &… Associés
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories