Due to complete in 2020, the proposals are commissioned following the conclusion of the tennis club's 1993 Long Term Plan developments, which included a new roof for Centre Court by architects Populous.
You can see more projects by Grimshaw here, including a decommissioned blast furnace converted into a museum of steel.
- Dezeen archive: Brazil
- Nissan Grandrive by Akihito Fumita
- Housing Pilon by Bevk Perović Arhitekti
- The Volcano Project by Kieren Jones
- Signature Center by Frank Gehry
- Åre Solbringen by Waldemarson Berglund
- Rogers Stirk Harbour's Cheesegrater skys…craper documented in timelapse film
- Reacting to the critics would have "ruin…ed" Glasgow School of Art building says Steven Holl
- Concrete visitor centre by Iseppi/Kurath… looms over an Alpine gorge
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories