Sarajevo fashion designer Ljiljana Majkić presents her Autumn/Winter 2011-2012 collection of garments with exaggerated geometric silhouettes.
Apparently inspired by the Mediterranean coastal region of Cinque Terre, the collection includes a dress with fabric houses stitched to the hem plus sculptural colar pieces and spiky hats.
"The main characteristic of my style is the enrichment of modern design by elements of the romantic and traditional," says Majkić.
"All creations are made from natural materials – cotton, wool and linen, which are usually enriched with hand-embroidered motifs, and leave a strong impression and artistic expression."
Photographs are by Vanja Lisac.
Here are some more details from Ljiljana Majkić:
Ljiljana Majkic from Sarajevo is presenting her collection for winter 2011-2012. Collection was named CINQUE TERRE like the Mediterranean coastal town which has inspired her to create this collection as it is a place of unique beauty and architecture with warm coloured, simple geometric facades.
This collection has simple, sculptural form, poetic spirit and eclectic character and it was created with a same passion and commitment as the previous one. Her search for new, original design and new shapes has resulted in a series of sensual models.
Overall visual experience of her models is the desire to create something that will last longer than one season, so creating for Ljiljana is not only following the trend, or restrict what the trend is set as a rule. Her fashion is characterised by the expression of eclectic styles, and free artistic and creative expression.
- Dezeen Watch Store summer sale: up to 40…% off LunaTik watches
- Carafe and glass by Mathieu Lehanneur fo…r Ricard
- Please Kill Me by Sibling
- Photos from augmented reality watch stor…e at Hackney House Austin now online
- Blasted Vase and Side Table by Kai Linke
- Alexander Wang designs furniture range f…or Poltrona Frau
- Building Bytes 3D printed bricks by Bria…n Peters
- The Pixel Hirschgasse by Thomas Feichtne…r
- The History of Typography by Ben Barrett…-Forrest
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories