Designed in Hackney: designer Ian McIntyre hand-crafted this pottery collection for furniture brand Another Country at his Hoxton studio in the London borough of Hackney and fired some of the pieces in his own kilns.
The range of tableware includes a jug, pinch pot, plate, bowl and cup.
The pieces explore the properties of different clays including industrial terracotta, stoneware and porcelain.
Ian McIntyre graduated from the Royal College of Art in 2010 and we featured his degree project on Dezeen, which was a set of tableware that included Chai teacups. His studio is located on Ermine Mews, just behind Kingsland Road in Hoxton.
Designed in Hackney map:
Blue = designers
Red = architects
Yellow = brands
Designed in Hackney is a Dezeen initiative to showcase world-class architecture and design created in the borough, which is one of the five host boroughs for the London 2012 Olympic Games as well as being home to Dezeen’s offices. We’ll publish buildings, interiors and objects that have been designed in Hackney each day until the games this summer.
More information and details of how to get involved can be found at www.designedinhackney.com.
- Toyo Ito for Yamagiwa
- Drapée chair by Constance Guisset desig…ned to look like draped fabric
- Industrial Makeshifts by Simon Hasan
- Microbes are "the factories of the futur…e"
- Out of Print by Roma Levin, James Cuddy,… Danilo Di Cuia and Goldsmiths students
- Canasta by Patricia Urquiola
- David Wiseman at R 20th Century
- Stacking Vessels by Pia Wüstenberg
- Nendo designs brand identity for skincar…e based on Chinese medicine
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories