Designed in Hackney: designer Ian McIntyre hand-crafted this pottery collection for furniture brand Another Country at his Hoxton studio in the London borough of Hackney and fired some of the pieces in his own kilns.
The range of tableware includes a jug, pinch pot, plate, bowl and cup.
The pieces explore the properties of different clays including industrial terracotta, stoneware and porcelain.
Ian McIntyre graduated from the Royal College of Art in 2010 and we featured his degree project on Dezeen, which was a set of tableware that included Chai teacups. His studio is located on Ermine Mews, just behind Kingsland Road in Hoxton.
Designed in Hackney map:
Blue = designers
Red = architects
Yellow = brands
Designed in Hackney is a Dezeen initiative to showcase world-class architecture and design created in the borough, which is one of the five host boroughs for the London 2012 Olympic Games as well as being home to Dezeen’s offices. We’ll publish buildings, interiors and objects that have been designed in Hackney each day until the games this summer.
More information and details of how to get involved can be found at www.designedinhackney.com.
- 9,5° chair by Rasmus B. Fex
- Dezeen Platform: Mirna Kerr
- Pinch&Grind by Roger Arquer for Royal VK…B
- Super Contemporary interviews: Nicolas R…oope
- Nick Cobby explores the human mind in mu…sic video for Max Cooper and Tom Hodge
- "We use three basic 3D-printing processe…s at Materialise"
- Luca Cipelletti plasters Milan gallery w…ith manure for Shit Show
- Moshimy by Michael Young for Native Unio…n
- The Toaster Project by Thomas Thwaites
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories