Called Luminous, the solid glass table was designed for Italian brand Glas Italia.
Yoshioka specialises in transparent, barely-there design: see all our stories about his work here.
Here's some more information from Tokujin Yoshioka:
Glas Italia Luminous designed by Tokujin Yoshioka
In 2012, "LUMINOUS" will be presented at Glas Italia in Milan Salone del Mobile 2012.
Glas Italia is an Italian manufacturer of glass furniture who has a long history and tradition, and it is a first collaboration between GLAS ITALIA and Tokujin Yoshioka. "LUMINOUS" is the transparent glass table completed by the solid glass structure.
This table, given its birth by light itself, is as if it is freed from the material world, obtaining its appearance by the refraction of light and emits a mysterious presence.
Glas Italia: Hall 20 - Stand C 12
- Telephones by Chauhan Studio
- Water Light Graffiti by Antonin Forneau …for DigitalArti Artlab
- Mother's Day gift ideas from Dezeen Watc…h Store
- Zanocchi & Starke combine desktop booken…d and battery-powered lamp
- Roopuppet by Nendo
- Isabel Ahm's Secretary Desk is designed …for working at home
- Tin Man No. 11 by Kacey Wong
- "East London has a great creative atmosp…here" - Gitta Gschwendtner
- Architrave by Lee Broom for Heal's
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories