Called Luminous, the solid glass table was designed for Italian brand Glas Italia.
Yoshioka specialises in transparent, barely-there design: see all our stories about his work here.
Here's some more information from Tokujin Yoshioka:
Glas Italia Luminous designed by Tokujin Yoshioka
In 2012, "LUMINOUS" will be presented at Glas Italia in Milan Salone del Mobile 2012.
Glas Italia is an Italian manufacturer of glass furniture who has a long history and tradition, and it is a first collaboration between GLAS ITALIA and Tokujin Yoshioka. "LUMINOUS" is the transparent glass table completed by the solid glass structure.
This table, given its birth by light itself, is as if it is freed from the material world, obtaining its appearance by the refraction of light and emits a mysterious presence.
Glas Italia: Hall 20 - Stand C 12
- Patricia Urquiola designs slanted water …jug for Bilbao restaurants
- Morph folding wheel by Vitamins Design
- Membrane by Benjamin Hubert for Classico…n
- Somewhere In Between by Andrew Aloisio
- MSDS Studio presents simple furniture an…d lighting collection in Stockholm
- Design Museum announce shortlist for Bri…t Insurance Designs of the Year
- Marcel Wanders in Milan
- Tableware as Sensorial Stimuli by Jinhyu…n Jeon
- Primary Cabinet by Peter Jakubik
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories