Called Luminous, the solid glass table was designed for Italian brand Glas Italia.
Yoshioka specialises in transparent, barely-there design: see all our stories about his work here.
Here's some more information from Tokujin Yoshioka:
Glas Italia Luminous designed by Tokujin Yoshioka
In 2012, "LUMINOUS" will be presented at Glas Italia in Milan Salone del Mobile 2012.
Glas Italia is an Italian manufacturer of glass furniture who has a long history and tradition, and it is a first collaboration between GLAS ITALIA and Tokujin Yoshioka. "LUMINOUS" is the transparent glass table completed by the solid glass structure.
This table, given its birth by light itself, is as if it is freed from the material world, obtaining its appearance by the refraction of light and emits a mysterious presence.
Glas Italia: Hall 20 - Stand C 12
- Summertime by Nika Zupanc
- Astronaut designs moon-shaped lamp
- Inga Sempé unveils quilt-covered Ruch…é armchair for Ligne Roset
- Gorge by Ramei Keum
- Rusty Sheet Steel Chair by Max Lamb
- Juergen Mayer H exhibits stone sculptu…re based on data-protection patterns in Miami
- Help! I Want to Save a Life by Graham …Douglas for Help Remedies and DKMS
- Trio stool by Mile
- Maarten Baas's surreal solo show creat…ed to "emphasise the circus that Milan is"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories