Called Luminous, the solid glass table was designed for Italian brand Glas Italia.
Yoshioka specialises in transparent, barely-there design: see all our stories about his work here.
Here's some more information from Tokujin Yoshioka:
Glas Italia Luminous designed by Tokujin Yoshioka
In 2012, "LUMINOUS" will be presented at Glas Italia in Milan Salone del Mobile 2012.
Glas Italia is an Italian manufacturer of glass furniture who has a long history and tradition, and it is a first collaboration between GLAS ITALIA and Tokujin Yoshioka. "LUMINOUS" is the transparent glass table completed by the solid glass structure.
This table, given its birth by light itself, is as if it is freed from the material world, obtaining its appearance by the refraction of light and emits a mysterious presence.
Glas Italia: Hall 20 - Stand C 12
- Poke Hanger by Kyuhyung Cho
- Hair Typography by Monique Goossens
- Semi-Rigid Car by Emergent
- Ikepod wristwatches by Marc Newson
- Inception dish rack shaped like Manhatta…n by Luca Nichetto launches in New York
- Bon Marché to host Finn Juhl furniture …exhibition
- Uflex bandage snaps around a wound and i…nflates to stop bleeding
- A Pile of Suitcases by Maarten de Ceulae…r
- Made in Italy talks: il Modo Italiano
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories