Located in the garden of a north London townhouse, the wooden pavilion has brick walls surrounding three of its sides.
The saw-toothed front elevation creates one large south-facing window, which maximises natural daylight and passive solar heating to the interior.
As well as the garden room, which the client uses as a space for both work and entertaining, the cabin accommodates a shower room and a storage shed.
David Liddicoat and Sophie Goldhill founded their studio on Ramsgate Street, Dalston, in 2009. We first featured them on Dezeen shortly after, as they completed a glazed addition to a 17th Century house, then again when they designed and built their own home.
Designed in Hackney map:
Blue = designers
Red = architects
Yellow = brands
Designed in Hackney is a Dezeen initiative to showcase world-class architecture and design created in the borough, which is one of the five host boroughs for the London 2012 Olympic Games as well as being home to Dezeen’s offices. We’ll publish buildings, interiors and objects that have been designed in Hackney each day until the games this summer.
More information and details of how to get involved can be found at www.designedinhackney.com.
Photography is by Tom Gildon.
- Sumatrakontor by Erick van Egeraat
- MO House in the woods by FRPO
- Extension to the Serlachius Museum Göst…a by MX_SI
- NO99 Straw Theatre by Salto Architects
- Celluloid Jam by Norisada Maeda Atelier
- Michael Baker Boathouse by Associated Ar…chitects
- Maggie's Nottingham by CZWG and Paul Smi…th
- Hermitage Amsterdam interior by Merkx + …Girod
- New Court, Rothschild Bank headquarters …by OMA with Allies and Morrison
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories