The Balanced exhibition includes their Reversed Volumes cast from vegetables, The Idea of a Tree furniture made according to how much sunlight is available and jewellery that incorporates seeds.
Here's some more information from Wait and See:
￼For the 51st edition of the Salone del Mobile, mischer’traxler and Wait and See, present BALANCED.
mischer’traxler, the well known new generation designers from Vienna, teamed up with Wait and See to exhibit an installation which represents their work and forma mentis.
Equilibrium, the fil rouge that threads through their life credo into their creative concepts, culminating in the outcome of their work, is represented in this exhibition.
The chosen medium is scales: carefully arranged, in precarious equipoise, narrating their continuous bet and research on the concept of cause and effect, showing inspirational material, experiments and theory on the same level as the final product itself, thus becoming a three-dimensional collage of mischer’traxler’s modus operandi, filling Wait and See’s space with tension and curiosity.
Wait and See, the concept store and exhibition space created by Uberta Zambeletti, exudes an atmosphere reflective of its name and has a strong correlation with the theory of mischer’traxler which has thus fostered a creative and fertile collaboration.
The narrative of transformation together with the concept of pause and suspension, is the basis of the mission and ambition of their collaboration.
Via santa Marta 14,
17 - 22 April
10am - 8pm
P.S. breathe slowly
- Unintended Functions by Nick Allman
- Season chair by Piero Lissoni comprises …two simple volumes
- Jasper Morrison designs a USB charger to… power multiple devices
- Different glasses stack together in Ding…3000's La Famiglia set
- Temple Table by Hiroyuki Tanaka Architec…ts
- Moroso "gave me a chance," says designer… Ross Lovegrove
- Rooftop fish and chip shop by Something …& Son is (slowly) growing its own produce
- Designed in Hackney: The Floating Cinema… by Studio Weave
- New Danish Modern by Normann Copenhagen
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories