Disegno launched its second issue in Milan and Johanna shared her ambitions for the magazine and her thoughts on why print is still relevant.
She also discusses trends amongst young designers, who are finding alternative ways to market themselves with entrepreneurial thinking and a return to local craft, giving Hacked Lab at La Rinascente from this year and Milan Uncut from last year as examples.
We published an abridged version of this interview in our Tuesday TV show (below).
- To Have and To Hold by JamesPlumb
- Vodka bottle by Karim Rashid for Anestas…ia
- Organic tap by Philippe Starck for Axor
- Bronze Poly Chair by Max Lamb
- Nir Meiri stacks Babilus Vases from ring…s of bamboo, chipboard and Corian
- Design Miami seeks nominations for 2008 …Designer of the Future
- Happy Toys by Usuals
- Lolice shoes by Belma Arnautović
- Minimalux by Mark Holmes
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories