Disegno launched its second issue in Milan and Johanna shared her ambitions for the magazine and her thoughts on why print is still relevant.
She also discusses trends amongst young designers, who are finding alternative ways to market themselves with entrepreneurial thinking and a return to local craft, giving Hacked Lab at La Rinascente from this year and Milan Uncut from last year as examples.
We published an abridged version of this interview in our Tuesday TV show (below).
- Designed in Hackney: Luminous Lace by Lo…op.pH
- Lumps of lava act as built-in dimmer swi…tches for porcelain lamps by gt2P
- Martino Gamper curates exhibition at the… Serpentine Sackler Gallery
- Artek launches bamboo furniture
- Pizza Perez by Francesco Moncada
- Público gets Guardian-style makeover
- Pylône by Linn Kandel
- Table-Palette by Kiki van Eijk
- Bold by Big-Game
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories