Disegno launched its second issue in Milan and Johanna shared her ambitions for the magazine and her thoughts on why print is still relevant.
She also discusses trends amongst young designers, who are finding alternative ways to market themselves with entrepreneurial thinking and a return to local craft, giving Hacked Lab at La Rinascente from this year and Milan Uncut from last year as examples.
We published an abridged version of this interview in our Tuesday TV show (below).
- Float by Karim Rashid for Sancal
- Cherry Tree by Tom Price
- Devil Amongst the Tailors by Aberrant Ar…chitecture
- Key designs by Peter Saville
- Wouldn't it be nice... at Somerset House
- Villa Julia by Javier Mariscal for Magis
- Mini Capsule Hotel by Atelier Van Liesho…ut
- Wool Modern Installation by Not Tom
- BMW i Pedelec Concept
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories