Disegno launched its second issue in Milan and Johanna shared her ambitions for the magazine and her thoughts on why print is still relevant.
She also discusses trends amongst young designers, who are finding alternative ways to market themselves with entrepreneurial thinking and a return to local craft, giving Hacked Lab at La Rinascente from this year and Milan Uncut from last year as examples.
We published an abridged version of this interview in our Tuesday TV show (below).
- Designers of the future at Design Miami/…Basel
- Anything by Michael Sodeau and Suikosha
- Sebastian Cox pairs coppiced chestnut an…d ash for furniture collection
- Bamboo lattice by Gabriel Lester perches… over a Folkestone railway viaduct
- Scale watches by Nendo mark the time wit…h ruler increments
- I nibbled Britain out of Jaffa Cakes by …Dominic Wilcox
- dezeen loves... Marc Owens' Receipt Cloc…k
- Massimo Faion's Posa Project reinterpret…s falconry perches
- Music Cage by Nendo
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories