Disegno launched its second issue in Milan and Johanna shared her ambitions for the magazine and her thoughts on why print is still relevant.
She also discusses trends amongst young designers, who are finding alternative ways to market themselves with entrepreneurial thinking and a return to local craft, giving Hacked Lab at La Rinascente from this year and Milan Uncut from last year as examples.
We published an abridged version of this interview in our Tuesday TV show (below).
- Oki Sato on Nendo's Growing Vases
- Watches by Uniform Wares
- Hlutagerðin recreates ancient Icelandic… armour for tea cosy and tablet case
- Cygnet by Aston Martin
- France by Albert Schrurs
- Interview: BarberOsgerby on designing th…e Olympic Torch
- LoveThisChair by Huibert van Muilwijk fo…r Made by Midas
- Scraplights by Graypants
- Vertebrae Staircase by Andrew McConnell
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories