The new Signature Center, which opened earlier this year, contains three auditoriums, the largest of which seats up to 299 spectators and has the same layout as the theatre company's previous home in the same neighbourhood.
Overlapping plywood plates give the walls a textured surface designed to enhance the acoustics of the room.
More plywood panels cover surfaces and balconies in the 199-seat theatre, but here they are stained dark brown.
The third performance space is a rectangular courtyard theatre and the building also contains two large rehearsal studios.
The Signature Center was first established in the 1990s and had initially planned to relocate to a new home on the Ground Zero site, but was forced by budget cuts to choose an alternative location beneath a residential and hotel tower on 42nd Street.
At the end of last year Gehry invited some of the world’s leading architects and designers to form a strategic alliance. Read more about it on Dezeen Wire.
- Liverpool Department Store by Rojkind Ar…quitectos
- MIMA House in Alentejo is the latest in …a series of prefabricated Portuguese homes
- Curving concrete creates a tunnel throug…h Tokyo house by Makiko Tsukada
- Michael Baker Boathouse by Associated Ar…chitects
- Peter Pichler's mirror-clad guesthouses …are designed to be visible to birds
- Corner project by Guise
- TYIN Tegnestue adds bamboo bathhouse to …Safe Haven Orphanage in Thailand
- Yang Zhao completes fishermen's pavilion… for Toyo Ito's post-tsunami reconstruction project
- O’ Mighty Green by STAR Strategies + A…rchitecture
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories