Cologne designer Thomas Schnur has designed a wooden bench with logs instead of legs and which looks a bit like the Flintstones' car.
Simply called Holzbank (German for wooden bench) the piece is made of untreated larch and will turn silvery grey over time.
See Schnur's table with suction-cup legs in our earlier story.
Here's some more information from distributors Outdoorz Gallery:
Holzbank by German Design Award nominee Thomas Schnur at Outdoorz Gallery
Inspired by the honesty and simplicity of the traditional wooden bench, Holzbank retains the appearence and shape of the material from which it is made.
The strength of the design is its purety and playfulness. Crafted from untreated larch tree trunks, each bench is handmade and unique.
Natural larch wood has been used for centuries when outdoor resistance is required, it is the traditional building material for Siberian log cabins.
The finish is perfectly smooth to the touch. Left outdoors the natural wood color will gradually become silver gray.
Holzbank retains the traditional qualities and workmanship of the traditional wooden bench, reinterpreted for the urban environment.
- Villa Julia by Javier Mariscal for Magis
- The Wish List: emerging designers produc…e objects for Hadid, Foster, Rogers and more
- Visibility uses porcelain to create kitc…hen tools in first homeware collection
- New products by ilio
- Clothes that change colour according to …climate by Lauren Bowker
- One Handed Condom Wrapper by Ben Pawle
- The "first man-made biological leaf" cou…ld enable humans to colonise space
- Z Step by Michael Schoner at Depot Basel
- Christmas Tree Sledge by Tom Hatfield
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories