This stacking chair by New York designer Victor Vetterlein has an x-shaped frame and razor-thin legs.
The X-Federation chair is made from laminated wood combined with carbon fibre. The legs are fastened to a steel frame under the seat.
The chair can also be dressed up with a solid brass arm rest and leg sleeves.
The photograph in the background is Xteriors VI by Desiree Dolron.
Here's more information from the designer:
Introducing a new stacking chair by Victor Vetterlein called X-Federation. A combination of materials and layout provide the necessary structural support for the thin profile design. X-Federation is composed of laminated wood combined with carbon fiber fabric - a material strengthening technique used in boat building and further developed in the skateboard industry.
In regards to layout, the front legs are perpendicular to the rear legs to increase lateral stability. The design includes a thin steel frame under the seat where the legs are mechanically fastened. An optional arm rest is available that fastens to the back and sides of the chair. The X-Federation Elite Class chair comes with a solid brass armrest and leg sleeves.
- London Design Festival 2012 photographs …by Barbara Chandler
- The Empty Chair by Maarten Baas for Amne…sty International
- Airfix-style model kits by Robert Cooper… are made from chocolate and wafer
- Nevroz spirit level by Yann Lestrat for …Tamawa
- 100 Piazze by Fabio Novembre
- Furniture by Jon Harrison
- Tetra light by Peter Liversidge and Asif… Khan
- Sofa Lamp by CuldeSac and Héctor Serran…o
- More Campana Brothers at Albion Gallery
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories