This mobile pavilion for a travelling chef by Barcelona studio Rodero Beggiao Architects will comprise two wedge-shaped modules that can be reconfigured to suit each new home.
The lightweight aluminium structure of the elBulli Pavilion will be clad in polycarbonate and perforated metal panels, with interiors decorated by local artists from each location.
It will be used as a travelling restaurant, workshop and showcase for Catalan chef Ferran Adrià's elBulli Foundation, a gastronomic research initiative that also has a permanent home at his restaurant in Roses, northern Spain.
The elBulli Foundation and Pavilion are set to open in 2014.
Here's some more information from Rodero Beggiao Architects:
With the slogan "Freedom to create", elBulli foundation will open in 2014 and will have two objectives. First will be the archive of elBulli Restaurant, both physically (documents, books, objects) and digital. Second, it will be a center of creativity, with the idea to create and then share ideas and discoveries through the Internet.
The project is a space for representation of the foundation and its values anywhere in the world, a platform to show the various initiatives and to accommodate multiple functions (think tank, informative space, workshop, restaurant, wine tasting ..).
It’s a modular, lightweight, removable and transportable pavilion, intended to be placed in scenic and unexpected places. It consists of two identical triangular modules and thanks to its various formal combinations, it has a flexible interior space to accommodate different possible configurations. The international character of the pavilion will be emphasized with the fact that its interior spaces will be decorated by local artists.
- Badajoz Fine Arts Museum extensions feat…ure speckled walls and bevelled edges
- Ivy house by Hiroyuki Miyabe
- Yoonseux Architectes' school extension d…esigned to match autumnal tree leaves
- Cachaça Museum by Jô Vasconcellos has …bright blue blocky facades
- Industrial Pavilion Hydro Aluminium by A…damo-Faiden and Estudio Silberfaden
- Serpentine Gallery Pavilion 2012 by Herz…og & de Meuron and Ai Weiwei
- Hut on Sleds by Crosson Clarke Carnachan… Architects
- Van Egeraat school opens
- James Simon Gallery by David Chipperfiel…d
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories