French architect Jean Nouvel has renovated a nineteenth century brewery in Barcelona to make way for restaurants, bars, a bakery and a museum.
The renovated Fábrica Moritz is the home of Catalan brewer Moritz, which was first started up in 1856 and relaunched by the Moritz family in 2004 after a 26 year hiatus.
The main production now takes place in Zaragoza but the renovation at Ronda de Sant Antoni contains a small underground brewery with a 25-metre-long tin bar.
Metal brewing tanks are on show inside glass display cases, beside a wall of plants that climb up one side of the building.
Photography is by Iñigo Bujedo Aguirre.
- HOUS.E+ by Polifactory
- Thula Fort Restoration by Abdullah Al-…Hadrami
- Driverless cars will "capture a virtua…l replica of the real world," says Pernilla Ohrstedt
- Size + Matter by David Chipperfield
- Villa by Daniel Libeskind
- House of Representation by FORM/Kouich…i Kimura Architects
- Architectural models by Peter Zumthor
- MuSh Residence by Studio 0.10 Architec…ts
- NY 11-18-02-10 by Campaign for Dunhill
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories