Movie: architect Steven Holl gives a tour of the gallery beneath a pool of water he designed at the Daeyang Gallery and House in South Korea in the first of two movies by architectural filmmakers Spirit of Space.
Holl explains how he was inspired by the patterns of a musical score and how daylight floods into the underground rooms to create "a perfect light".
Another movie we've published by Spirit of Space features a pavilion at Chicago’s Lincoln Park Zoo - watch it here.
- 57 Tivoli Road by B.E. Architecture
- NYU Department of Philosophy by Steven H…oll Architects
- House on the Cliff by Fran Silvestre Arq…uitectos
- Reconstruction of the Szatmáry Palace b…y MARP
- House in Kamoshima by Horibe Associates
- New photographs show Rogers' Leadenhall …Building nearing completion
- T2 project by General Design
- Mammoth and Permafrost Museum by Leeser …Arch.
- BEL Architecten leaves rough surfaces on… show in warehouse converted into a cultural centre
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories