Movie: architect Steven Holl gives a tour of the gallery beneath a pool of water he designed at the Daeyang Gallery and House in South Korea in the first of two movies by architectural filmmakers Spirit of Space.
Holl explains how he was inspired by the patterns of a musical score and how daylight floods into the underground rooms to create "a perfect light".
Another movie we've published by Spirit of Space features a pavilion at Chicago’s Lincoln Park Zoo - watch it here.
- House I by Yoshichika Takagi
- Helsinki Waterfront Hotel by Herzog & de… Meuron
- Pormetxeta Square by Xpiral and MTM Arqu…itectos
- Cultural Centre in Nevers by Ateliers O-…S Architectes
- New Pinterest board: schools
- PINC Pavilion by Clínica de Arquitectur…a
- CO2 Cubes by Alfio Bonanno and Christoph…e Cornubert
- Photography studio by FT Architects feat…ures corrugated plastic walls and a faceted roof
- 360º Building by Isay Weinfeld
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories