Movie: architect Steven Holl gives a tour of the gallery beneath a pool of water he designed at the Daeyang Gallery and House in South Korea in the first of two movies by architectural filmmakers Spirit of Space.
Holl explains how he was inspired by the patterns of a musical score and how daylight floods into the underground rooms to create "a perfect light".
Another movie we've published by Spirit of Space features a pavilion at Chicago’s Lincoln Park Zoo - watch it here.
- Trestles Beach footbridge by Dan Brill A…rchitects
- Sky Garden House by Guz Architects
- Tree House by 6a Architects
- Heydar Aliyev Center by Zaha Hadid Archi…tects
- Amager Bakke Waste-to-Energy Plant by BI…G
- Dezeen's A-Zdvent calendar: Li Xiaodong
- House at Camusdarach Sands by Raw Archit…ecture Workshop has a kinked facade
- Staithe End by Henry Goss Architects
- Bahia House by Studio mk27
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories