Movie: architect Steven Holl gives a tour of the gallery beneath a pool of water he designed at the Daeyang Gallery and House in South Korea in the first of two movies by architectural filmmakers Spirit of Space.
Holl explains how he was inspired by the patterns of a musical score and how daylight floods into the underground rooms to create "a perfect light".
Another movie we've published by Spirit of Space features a pavilion at Chicago’s Lincoln Park Zoo - watch it here.
- Slough Bus Station by Bblur Architecture
- Stairs are so last year
- London Aquatics Centre 2012 by Zaha Hadi…d photographed by Hufton + Crow
- Rebirth by Arne Quinze
- Alwyne Place by Lipton Plant Architects
- Dezeen's A-Zdvent calendar: Peter Zumtho…r
- Woodland greenhouse by Divooe Zein Archi…tects provides shelter for flora and fauna
- FAT bring together postwar towns and pop… culture for British Pavilion in Venice
- Single family house by Pascal François …Architects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories