Movie: architect Steven Holl gives a tour of the gallery beneath a pool of water he designed at the Daeyang Gallery and House in South Korea in the first of two movies by architectural filmmakers Spirit of Space.
Holl explains how he was inspired by the patterns of a musical score and how daylight floods into the underground rooms to create "a perfect light".
Another movie we've published by Spirit of Space features a pavilion at Chicago’s Lincoln Park Zoo - watch it here.
- Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art by Steven …Holl
- Arboleda house by Horibe Associates
- Wickstead Lodge by Baynes & Co
- Meandering concrete roof shelters walk…ways at Erginoğlu & Çalışlar's renovated beach club
- SANAA and Alejandro Aravena at Vitra C…ampus
- Santiago Calatrava in Chicago
- Pattersons Associates uses stainless s…teel to create shimmering art museum devoted to Len Lye
- Dezeen podcast: David Chipperfield at …the Design Museum
- The Dezeen guide to Postmodern archite…cture and design
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories