Movie: architect Steven Holl gives a tour of the gallery beneath a pool of water he designed at the Daeyang Gallery and House in South Korea in the first of two movies by architectural filmmakers Spirit of Space.
Holl explains how he was inspired by the patterns of a musical score and how daylight floods into the underground rooms to create "a perfect light".
Another movie we've published by Spirit of Space features a pavilion at Chicago’s Lincoln Park Zoo - watch it here.
- Copper house summer kitchen by Muru & Pe…re
- Belly of the Beast is a hillside folly w…ith a scruffy coat made from old tyres
- Dezeen archive: artist and designer's st…udios
- H2O by Axis Mundi
- Mercabarna-Flor by WMA
- Palácio de Justiça de Gouveia by Barbo…sa & Guimarães
- Tohma House by Hiroshi Horio Architects
- Bates Masi completes timber-clad Hampton…s retreat beside the beach
- Canteen building by Knowspace features a… granite facade "like lychee skin"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories