French artist Etienne Gros has nipped and tucked blocks of soft foam to make squidgy nude sculptures.
Called Les Mousses ("the foams") the sculptures depict the torso without limbs or heads, calling to mind the remains of stone statues from antiquity.
Gros studied at the École des Beaux-Arts de Paris and now has a studio in Ile de France, where he mostly produces fleshy paintings and drawings.
- Glasgow-made watches by Paulin launch …at Dezeen Watch Store
- Bronze Age by Philippe-Albert Lefebvre
- France away kit by Nike
- Turtle by Sehwan Oh
- Alone in a Crowd by Rolf Sachs
- Minimalux launches Hash grid shelving …unit
- Paralympic design: Draft Mistral racin…g wheelchairs
- Telescopic contact lenses zoom in and …out with right and left winks
- Feathers and plumage in fashion celebr…ated at Antwerp exhibition
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories