French artist Etienne Gros has nipped and tucked blocks of soft foam to make squidgy nude sculptures.
Called Les Mousses ("the foams") the sculptures depict the torso without limbs or heads, calling to mind the remains of stone statues from antiquity.
Gros studied at the École des Beaux-Arts de Paris and now has a studio in Ile de France, where he mostly produces fleshy paintings and drawings.
- "I'm interested in what the future might… look like" - Asif Khan at Dezeen Live
- Twenty-First Century Design by Marcus Fa…irs
- Patrick Frey's Stella Chair backrest is …upholstered like a saddle
- Park Life folding armchair by Jasper Mor…rison for Kettal
- C58 Dressing Table by Florian Schmid
- Driverless cars and OLED headlights by A…udi at CES 2013
- From Fable to Table by Amelie Onzon
- Chineasy illustrated characters designed… to make learning Chinese easy
- Game of Trust by Yiannis Ghikas
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories