Movie: Nike's global creative director for the Olympics Martin Lotti presents the Nike Zoom Superfly R4 sprinting shoe inspired by suspension bridges in this next movie filmed by Dezeen in anticipation of Thursday's exclusive event at the Nike+ House of Innovation.
Individual Nike Flywire cables wrap around the sides of the foot to give a perfect fit and lightweight support, linking the rigid plate on the sole to the laces.
We're making six movies about cutting-edge products unveiled by Nike this summer. Watch Lotti explain the bobbly Nike Pro TurboSpeed suit that’s designed to move through the air faster than skin here and the Flyknit Racer shoes with knitted uppers here.
Thursday's event at the Nike+ House of Innovation will feature Lotti in conversation with Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs about the brand’s latest innovations for the London 2012 games - find out more details here.
- Zaha Hadid's gold bracelet is embedded w…ith 1,048 diamonds
- Lovebird tables by Yuki Matsumoto
- Jacket to help prepare for the end of th…e world
- Moving Platforms by Priestmangoode
- David Gill Galleries at DesignArt London
- In Vino Veritas by Matali Crasset
- The Golden Rules by Olivia Lee
- Dezeen podcast: Penguin Covers Then and …Now
- Dezeen archive: outdoor furniture
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories