Movie: Nike's global creative director for the Olympics Martin Lotti presents the Nike Zoom Superfly R4 sprinting shoe inspired by suspension bridges in this next movie filmed by Dezeen in anticipation of Thursday's exclusive event at the Nike+ House of Innovation.
Individual Nike Flywire cables wrap around the sides of the foot to give a perfect fit and lightweight support, linking the rigid plate on the sole to the laces.
We're making six movies about cutting-edge products unveiled by Nike this summer. Watch Lotti explain the bobbly Nike Pro TurboSpeed suit that’s designed to move through the air faster than skin here and the Flyknit Racer shoes with knitted uppers here.
Thursday's event at the Nike+ House of Innovation will feature Lotti in conversation with Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs about the brand’s latest innovations for the London 2012 games - find out more details here.
- Cauliflowers create moulds for "monster"… stool by Studio Pasternak
- Marc Newson named Designer of the Year
- The Gospel by Studio Job
- Rugs in Plaça de la Virreina by Nanimar…quina
- Federico Babina's Archizoom transforms i…conic buildings into movie posters
- Fishline Chair by Nendo
- Net tables by Benjamin Hubert for Moroso
- Zaha Hadid at IMM Cologne
- Design Miami Chat Shows: Julia Lohmann
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories