Movie: the base and sock lining of these lightweight football boots by Nike are made of castor beans, as explained in our next movie with the brand’s global creative director for the Olympics Martin Lotti ahead of this evening’s exclusive event at the Nike+ House of Innovation at Selfridges.
Brazilian footballer Neymar (below) has worn the boots throughout the Olympic football tournament and has scored three goals in the lead up to the final against Mexico.
Each boots weighs only 160g and the upper is made from 90% recycled material.
Lotti will talk to Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs about Nike’s latest innovations for the London 2012 Olympics in front of an audience at the event we’re hosting this evening – more details here.
Watch other movies in this series – featuring a sprinting shoe inspired by suspension bridges, knitted running shoes, a bumpy speed suit that’s quicker than bare skin and a basketball kit with built-in combat pads – here.
- Acceleration sofa by Phillip Grass
- Invader Storage System by Maria Bruun
- Mother's Day gift ideas from Dezeen Watc…h Store
- Ross Lovegrove designs first wooden chai…r to mark Bernhardt Design's 125th anniversary
- Bouroullecs to present coloured glass fu…rniture range in Milan
- Condom device wins Most Beautiful award
- Ivey by Hugo Passos
- CT09 Enoki side tables by Philipp Mainze…r for e15
- Sungsin Eo designs foam display system f…or child-friendly exhibitions
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories