Movie: the base and sock lining of these lightweight football boots by Nike are made of castor beans, as explained in our next movie with the brand’s global creative director for the Olympics Martin Lotti ahead of this evening’s exclusive event at the Nike+ House of Innovation at Selfridges.
Brazilian footballer Neymar (below) has worn the boots throughout the Olympic football tournament and has scored three goals in the lead up to the final against Mexico.
Each boots weighs only 160g and the upper is made from 90% recycled material.
Lotti will talk to Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs about Nike’s latest innovations for the London 2012 Olympics in front of an audience at the event we’re hosting this evening – more details here.
Watch other movies in this series – featuring a sprinting shoe inspired by suspension bridges, knitted running shoes, a bumpy speed suit that’s quicker than bare skin and a basketball kit with built-in combat pads – here.
- Ai Weiwei at Albion Gallery
- David Gill Galleries at DesignArt London
- Plant pot by Uli Budde
- New products by Pottinger & Cole
- Techtile exhibition design by Nosigner
- Ron Arad is one of few contemporary desi…gners with art collector appeal, says French auctioneer
- Poured Bar by Studio Glithero
- SCP 2011 Collection at Maison&Objet 2011
- Qwerty River recycled keyboards by Secco
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories