Movie: digital graphics company Crystal CG created this animated video to accompany the Chemical Brothers' specially commissioned song, which is played before each session in the Velodrome during the London 2012 Olympics.
“We’ve created sweeping contours and sleek surfaces as the backdrop for an intense, futuristic cycling ‘duel’ as two animated riders power round the track,” Crystal's creative director Darren Groucutt says of the movie, which also deconstructs the Velodrome building designed by Hopkins Architects.
The music is one of five official tracks composed for the Rock the Games program, which includes Muse, Elton John vs Pnau, Delphic and Dizzee Rascal.
Crystal CG also created the fly-though sequences over London that broadcasters are using to link from one venue to the next and the animations on a 360 degree screen held by the audience at the spectacular opening ceremony - read more about it and watch the movie here.
The London 2012 Olympics continue until Sunday and you can read all our coverage of design for the Games here.
- Waldemeyer/Chalayan update
- Safety Vase by Hannah Niskanen-Benady
- Fetishism in Fashion at MoBA 2013
- Joost van Bleiswijk assembles industrial… components into furniture pieces
- Big-Game launches range of multi-faceted… door handles
- Cork corner stops Ilias Ernst's minimal …clock from rolling away
- Plastic Garbage Guarding the Museum by L…uzinterruptus
- The Unseen creates "coded couture" to re…ad wearers' auras
- Sang Yoon exaggerates garments with plas…tic sleeves for Central Saint Martins collection
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories