Movie: digital graphics company Crystal CG created this animated video to accompany the Chemical Brothers' specially commissioned song, which is played before each session in the Velodrome during the London 2012 Olympics.
“We’ve created sweeping contours and sleek surfaces as the backdrop for an intense, futuristic cycling ‘duel’ as two animated riders power round the track,” Crystal's creative director Darren Groucutt says of the movie, which also deconstructs the Velodrome building designed by Hopkins Architects.
The music is one of five official tracks composed for the Rock the Games program, which includes Muse, Elton John vs Pnau, Delphic and Dizzee Rascal.
Crystal CG also created the fly-though sequences over London that broadcasters are using to link from one venue to the next and the animations on a 360 degree screen held by the audience at the spectacular opening ceremony - read more about it and watch the movie here.
The London 2012 Olympics continue until Sunday and you can read all our coverage of design for the Games here.
- Clock Delay by StudioBloomm
- Maison Martin Margiela launches first wa…llpaper collections for Omexco
- Slim Chips by Hafsteinn Juliusson
- "In the East End there are always materi…als to be found" - Nina Tolstrup
- The Wish List: emerging designers produc…e objects for Hadid, Foster, Rogers and more
- Successful Living by Diesel Creative Tea…m
- Chest of Suitcases by Maarten de Ceulaer
- Ilona Van den Bergh's Moon bowls are def…ormed after casting
- Dark Side of the Moon by Martin Mostböc…k for Vorwerk
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories