Movie: digital graphics company Crystal CG created this animated video to accompany the Chemical Brothers' specially commissioned song, which is played before each session in the Velodrome during the London 2012 Olympics.
“We’ve created sweeping contours and sleek surfaces as the backdrop for an intense, futuristic cycling ‘duel’ as two animated riders power round the track,” Crystal's creative director Darren Groucutt says of the movie, which also deconstructs the Velodrome building designed by Hopkins Architects.
The music is one of five official tracks composed for the Rock the Games program, which includes Muse, Elton John vs Pnau, Delphic and Dizzee Rascal.
Crystal CG also created the fly-though sequences over London that broadcasters are using to link from one venue to the next and the animations on a 360 degree screen held by the audience at the spectacular opening ceremony - read more about it and watch the movie here.
The London 2012 Olympics continue until Sunday and you can read all our coverage of design for the Games here.
- OMA designs installation for the launch …of furniture collection by Maarten van Severen
- Quattro Fleet Shuttle by Audi for Ender'…s Game
- Abarth Chair by Fabio Novembre for Casam…ania
- Jaime Hayón designs monkey-shaped table
- Public Office Landscape by Fuseproject f…or Herman Miller
- Cloud by Makoto Tanijiri
- Onduler and Sakulight by Chihiro Tanaka
- Offcut and Slab stools by Tom Dixon
- Design Museum announce shortlist for Bri…t Insurance Designs of the Year
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories