Nearly three years after first revealing his concept for a shoe with no foot-plate on Dezeen, architect and shoe designer Julian Hakes talks about designing the Mojito shoe as the first collection goes into production.
The shoes wrap around the foot in one continuous ribbon, with the arch of the foot forming a natural bridge between supports for the ball and heel.
- Zaha Hadid, Ben van Berkel and more desi…gn 3D-printed shoes for United Nude
- Österlen by Inga Sempé for Gärsnäs
- One laptop per artist: OLPC charity auct…ion
- Ten of the best Nendo designs from the p…ast year
- Water Lily by Ryuji Nakamura
- Bespoke Sex Toys by Made to Pleasure
- Glass Skin by Kiki van Eijk and Joost va…n Bleiswijk
- Single Person Cooker by Alex Bradley
- Bell by Industrial Facility for IDEA Int…ernational
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories