Nearly three years after first revealing his concept for a shoe with no foot-plate on Dezeen, architect and shoe designer Julian Hakes talks about designing the Mojito shoe as the first collection goes into production.
The shoes wrap around the foot in one continuous ribbon, with the arch of the foot forming a natural bridge between supports for the ball and heel.
- Mesa by Zaha Hadid
- Energy-conscious design exhibition in Pa…ris
- Hyde Candlesticks by Pete Oyler for Asse…mbly
- Basic Series by StokkeAustad and Frost P…rodukt
- Architectural Review redesign by Alexand…er Boxill
- La Grande by Reinhard Dienes for Antholo…gy Quartett
- Lees Mee braille stamps by René Put
- Fixperts by Daniel Charny and James Carr…igan
- FABRIKAAT exhibition at Ventura Lambrate
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories