Nearly three years after first revealing his concept for a shoe with no foot-plate on Dezeen, architect and shoe designer Julian Hakes talks about designing the Mojito shoe as the first collection goes into production.
The shoes wrap around the foot in one continuous ribbon, with the arch of the foot forming a natural bridge between supports for the ball and heel.
- Patricia Urquiola refreshes Maia outdo…or furniture with teak and hand-braided rope
- Symbiosis by Jelte van Abbema
- Studio Macura designs minimal accessor…ies collection
- Design Indaba videos: Haldane Martin
- Bottle by TAF
- Silver Candlesticks by David Taylor
- Animal: The Other Side of Evolution by… Ana Rajcevic
- Responsive Street Furniture adapts pub…lic spaces to suit pedestrians' needs
- The home of the future will "know wher…e you are" - Yves Behar
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories