Nearly three years after first revealing his concept for a shoe with no foot-plate on Dezeen, architect and shoe designer Julian Hakes talks about designing the Mojito shoe as the first collection goes into production.
The shoes wrap around the foot in one continuous ribbon, with the arch of the foot forming a natural bridge between supports for the ball and heel.
- Andrew Cheng designs Chopsticks side tab…les with skinny legs
- TAM First Class Cabin by Priestmangoode
- Jan Vacek designs lamps shaped like cond…oms
- Crushed Bowls by Julien de Smedt
- TwentyTwo by Jaime Hayón for Ceccotti
- Egg of Columbus by Valentina Carretta of… Fabrica for Seletti
- Landscape daybed by Outofstock
- Tech firm proposes using OLED screens to… make aircraft cabins appear see-through
- BS Toy plates by Boguslaw Sliwiński
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories