Nearly three years after first revealing his concept for a shoe with no foot-plate on Dezeen, architect and shoe designer Julian Hakes talks about designing the Mojito shoe as the first collection goes into production.
The shoes wrap around the foot in one continuous ribbon, with the arch of the foot forming a natural bridge between supports for the ball and heel.
- The Beauty of Nothingness by Nicolas Che…ng
- Baum by Study O Portable
- Lianes, Roches, Conques by Ronan & Erwan… Bouroullec at Galerie Kreo
- Chairs & Fireworks by Martí Guixé
- Mimicry Chairs by Nendo
- Kishu by Maya Selway
- Superyachts by Zaha Hadid for Blohm+Voss
- A Quiet Celebration by Morie Nishimura
- Rewrite and Etagère de Coin at Ligne Ro…set Westend
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories