Nearly three years after first revealing his concept for a shoe with no foot-plate on Dezeen, architect and shoe designer Julian Hakes talks about designing the Mojito shoe as the first collection goes into production.
The shoes wrap around the foot in one continuous ribbon, with the arch of the foot forming a natural bridge between supports for the ball and heel.
- Custhom launches Hayward textile as trib…ute to Brutalist classic
- “Kanye wants me to do a YSL” - Peter… Saville
- A Century of Olympic Posters at the V&A …Museum of Childhood
- 360° Family by Konstantin Grcic for Mag…is
- Folded Leaf by Claesson Koivisto Rune
- Poured Bar by Studio Glithero
- Outsiders plush toys by Atelier Volvox
- Hose Clip Shelving by Max Frommeld
- Aintree by Tomás Alonso at Vera, Chapte…r One
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories