The name Scallop is derived from the table's curves edges and the dish was inspired by his observations of how people tend to cluster items on a table to give a sense of organisation.
"The uniquely v-shaped tubular legs give balance and lightness while still complementing the soft-edged plateau top," says Wilkinson.
Samuel Wilkinson won the Design Museum's Design of the Year Award 2011 for the Plumen 001 lightbulb in collaboration with Hulger.
- A-Frame by Ron Arad for pq
- Gates by Romain Lagrange
- Brain scanning could be used to design "…scientifically perfect" products
- TAM First Class Cabin by Priestmangoode
- Midi Colors by Lagranja Design for Sist…ema Midi
- Tableware as Sensorial Stimuli by Jinhyu…n Jeon
- Masked - In Flight by Sruli Recht
- Emeco's eco-friendly stool by Nendo is "…a system rather than a single piece of furniture"
- ICA announces major London design show
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories