The name Scallop is derived from the table's curves edges and the dish was inspired by his observations of how people tend to cluster items on a table to give a sense of organisation.
"The uniquely v-shaped tubular legs give balance and lightness while still complementing the soft-edged plateau top," says Wilkinson.
Samuel Wilkinson won the Design Museum's Design of the Year Award 2011 for the Plumen 001 lightbulb in collaboration with Hulger.
- Tonale by David Chipperfield for Alessi
- CraftDesign by OKOLO
- Bronze Age by Philippe-Albert Lefebvre
- Amass by Benjamin Hubert for 100% Design
- Audi's super-fast driverless car is fitt…ed with a mini film studio
- British Gymnastics logo by Bear London
- Another Country launches lighting collec…tion with designs by Dana Cannam
- Joost van Bleiswijk assembles industrial… components into furniture pieces
- Ineke Hans designs colourful signage and… street furniture for roadside art trail
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories