The name Scallop is derived from the table's curves edges and the dish was inspired by his observations of how people tend to cluster items on a table to give a sense of organisation.
"The uniquely v-shaped tubular legs give balance and lightness while still complementing the soft-edged plateau top," says Wilkinson.
Samuel Wilkinson won the Design Museum's Design of the Year Award 2011 for the Plumen 001 lightbulb in collaboration with Hulger.
- Luzinterruptus creates "weird and sinist…er" lighting installation using floating latex gloves
- Piggyback by Thomas Heatherwick for Magi…s
- Dezeen Watch Store: MY04 Sunstich by Mic…hael Young
- Cauliflowers create moulds for "monster"… stool by Studio Pasternak
- More images of Zaha Hadid's Jazz superya…cht
- New work at Established & Sons
- Rock Series by Arik Levy at Design Miami…/Basel
- Unsustainable by Greetje van Helmond
- Poetic License at Moss
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories