The name Scallop is derived from the table's curves edges and the dish was inspired by his observations of how people tend to cluster items on a table to give a sense of organisation.
"The uniquely v-shaped tubular legs give balance and lightness while still complementing the soft-edged plateau top," says Wilkinson.
Samuel Wilkinson won the Design Museum's Design of the Year Award 2011 for the Plumen 001 lightbulb in collaboration with Hulger.
- Interactive dress by Birce Ozkan drops… its panels like autumn leaves
- Bottled Lamps by Kiki van Eijk
- Osso by Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec for M…attiazzi
- Hella Jongerius for Vitra
- Michele De Lucchi: Architekturchen at …Ingo Maurer
- Apps by Richard Hutten for Artifort
- Curve Frame Sofa Set by Hyung Suk Cho
- Tesla by Kranen/Gille
- David Derksen launches Moiré jeweller…y at Ventura Lambrate
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories