The name Scallop is derived from the table's curves edges and the dish was inspired by his observations of how people tend to cluster items on a table to give a sense of organisation.
"The uniquely v-shaped tubular legs give balance and lightness while still complementing the soft-edged plateau top," says Wilkinson.
Samuel Wilkinson won the Design Museum's Design of the Year Award 2011 for the Plumen 001 lightbulb in collaboration with Hulger.
- Stud Chair by Hyung Suk Cho
- Dezeen podcast: Designs of the Year 2010… at the Design Museum
- Ovale cutlery by Ronan and Erwan Bouroul…lec for Alessi
- Alan Aldridge at the Design Museum
- Offset by Giorgio Biscaro Design Studio
- Pebble-shaped Calming Stone is designed …to help prevent panic attacks
- W Hotels Designers of the Future at Desi…gn Miami/Basel 2010
- Eurovisions by Fantastic Norway
- SafetyNet by Dan Watson
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories