"The original Plumen has been around for a few years but is difficult to use with some shades," Hulger cofounder Nik Roope told Dezeen. "The smaller version allows people to interpret it in new ways, either as a naked bulb or in combination with different shade options."
Like all compact fluorescent lamps, Plumen uses 80% less electricity and lasts eight times longer than an incandescent bulb.
Dezeen readers can get 10% off any Dezeen Super Store purchase (excluding sale stock and Jambox) and enter our competition to win a designer watch worth £150 by downloading this flyer and presenting it at the shop.
Dezeen Super Store
38 Monmouth Street, London WC2
1 July – 30 September 2012
Here's some more details from Hulger:
We're delighted to announce the arrival of our new offspring, the Baby Plumen 001
Following the form of the Original Plumen 001 design, the Baby model shrinks into a more compact format. As either a single element or in series and clusters, the Baby Plumen 001 has all the character and dynamism the original but offers new options for shades and environments. The Baby Plumen 001 works like any other high quality low energy bulb, saving you 80% on your energy bills and lasting 8 times longer than a standard incandescent bulb.
The new compact form gives thousands of new options for shading and accessorising as the proportions work very well with many shades designed for incandescent bulbs. The Baby also works well in combination with the Original Plumen 001 as its forms echo one another, creating beautiful harmonies.
- OMA's furniture collection for Knoll "tu…rns industry into a fetish"
- "Our shoes were the first to cross betwe…en industrial design and fashion" - Rem D Koolhaas
- Autumn Winter 2013 collection by Gareth …Pugh
- London 2012 Olympic street art by Banksy
- Cathedral installation by Luke Morgan
- Dezeen Book of Ideas: Sweeper Clock by M…aarten Baas
- Second collection by Vík Prjónsdóttir
- Isabel Ahm's Secretary Desk is designed …for working at home
- Rubber lamp by Thomas Schnur
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories