World Architecture Festival 2012: here's a slideshow of the winner in the villa category at the World Architecture Festival, which is a house on a working sheep farm on North Bruny Island, Tasmania, by John Wardle Architects.
Clad in galvanised, corrugated iron, Shearer's Quarters is positioned on the site of an old shearing shed alongside a timber-clad cottage.
Pine lines the interior walls, where an open-plan living room and three bedrooms provide enough room to accommodate guests that include sheep shearers and friends on tree-planting weekends.
Bedroom walls are covered with recycled apple crates that the architects sourced from nearby orchards.
We've now announced winners for all the awards, including World Building of the Year, Future Project of the Year and Landscape of the Year, as well as all the category winners from day one and day two.
Dezeen is media partner for the World Architecture Festival, which took place at the Marina Bay Sands hotel and conference centre in Singapore. You can follow all our coverage of the event here, including a series of movies we filmed with programme director Paul Finch.
We're also filming movies with some of the winners, which we'll be featuring on Dezeen soon.
- Metro West bridge by Explorations Arch…itecture and Buro Happold
- Sochi Winter Olympics commence inside …Populous-designed stadium
- Green Climate Fund Headquarters by LAV…A
- Between the Waters by Ooze and Marjeti…ca Potrc
- Department of Islamic Arts at Musée d…u Louvre by Mario Bellini and Rudy Ricciotti
- Paul Chevallier School by Tectoniques
- Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium by GMP Arch…itekten
- Kameha Grand Bonn interiors by Marcel …Wanders
- Temple to Perspective by Tom Greenall …and Jordan Hodgson for Alain de Botton
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories