Speaking to Dezeen, Guixé explained: "I am very fascinated by the 'bag in a box', which is the system to have wine without having a bottle. So I put away the image of a bottle and I split it into several icons."
An oversized cork nestles in the handmade base, and on top are 10 wine glasses and a vase containing the bag of wine with a tap for pouring it out. The two lamps suspended by thin wires represent a grapevine.
Other stories we've published from Vienna Design Week include lampshades made from seaweed and an interview with artist and architect Vito Acconci.
Here's some more information from the designer:
Still Life with Light
For around two years I have been fascinated by the "bag in the box" wine storage and transportation system, not only from its technical qualities but also from its characteristics, a quite different way of keeping, serving and drinking wine; a different perception of it.
Still Life with Light is an installation about the end of the classic glass wine bottle, but keeping the basic elements, the label, the cork, and the vine, also when in form of symbolic representations.
Still Life with Light is made with the Free Port prototype, 10 wine glasses, 2 Cyclops lamps, a piece of cork, fliers, a carpet and a handmade vase full of a 'bag in the box' of red wine.
Martí Guixé, 2012
Still life with light
Sotheby's Palais Wilczek
Vienna Design Week 2012
- Ovale by Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec for …Alessi
- China Design Now by Tonkin Liu
- Shade by Front
- Re-Fire kit by Francesco Faccin create…s fire without matches or a lighter
- I Have a Lifestyle model-kit window in…stallation by Fabio Novembre for Tommy Hilfiger
- My London by Nendo for Established & S…ons
- Nordic designers create furniture and …homeware for Muuto
- Nike GS football boot by Nike
- Man-made marble by Max Lamb used to cr…eate camouflaged furniture installation
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories