French designer Jérôme Dumetz placed a wheel on each corner of this wooden sideboard to turn it into a miniature truck (+ movie).
Above: movie shows the making of Not For Highway Use
Not For Highway Use is a mobile sideboard based on a 20 cubic metre truck.
"It's like an abstract composition of three boxes, but with four wheels it becomes a truck," said Jérôme Dumetz. "It was made more for the parents than for the children."
The sideboard is made from birch plywood and solid chestnut, with the addition of four wheels taken from an industrial trolley.
"It's the kind of project I always wanted to do but never took the time to create," Dumetz told Dezeen. "A special mood between children's toys and grown-up furniture."
We've featured a few other pieces of furniture on wheels, including a trolley with huge wheels like a chariot and a wheeled storage system that looks like the Space Invaders arcade game.
- Studio Job celebrates roadworks with D…etour furniture collection
- More Moritz Waldemeyer with Hussein Ch…alayan
- Mars Colonisation by ZA Architects
- Patchwork Glass Vases by Nendo
- Nature Intérieure by Matali Crasset
- New Pinterest board: glass furniture
- Docks en Seine Signage by Nicolas Vrig…naud
- Les Mousses by Etienne Gros
- Coat-hanger Chopper by Michael Schone…r
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories