Slideshow feature: these images by French photographer Julien Lanoo document the opening week of the Louvre Lens, the Musée du Louvre's new sister gallery designed by Japanese architects SANAA and New York studio Imrey Culbert.
The museum features a 360-metre-long chain of cuboidal glass and aluminium galleries that house a permanent collection as well as temporary exhibitions and art from the local neighbourhood. Located in Lens, northern France, the building opened to the public last week. Find out more about the Louvre Lens in our earlier story.
- Old upholsterer's workshop in London tra…nsformed into a narrow brick home
- Popstage Mezz by Erick van Egeraat
- Snøhetta unveil proposals for Maggie’…s Centre in Aberdeen
- Frame by UID Architects
- Dezeen's A-Zdvent calendar: David Chippe…rfield
- Richard Rogers in conversation with Deya…n Sudjic at the Design Museum
- Hidden Lines by Studio JVM
- Jameson House by Foster + Partners
- Brooklyn Bridge Park Pier 6 by BIG
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories