Slideshow feature: these images by French photographer Julien Lanoo document the opening week of the Louvre Lens, the Musée du Louvre's new sister gallery designed by Japanese architects SANAA and New York studio Imrey Culbert.
The museum features a 360-metre-long chain of cuboidal glass and aluminium galleries that house a permanent collection as well as temporary exhibitions and art from the local neighbourhood. Located in Lens, northern France, the building opened to the public last week. Find out more about the Louvre Lens in our earlier story.
- Tokyo house by Atelier Tekuto with skyli…ght designed to "frame the sky"
- Jacques Herzog: The Pérez Art Museum "i…s a naked structure"
- "There isn't much understanding of China…'s maritime past"
- Signature Center by Frank Gehry
- Long Tall House by Spacespace
- House KW by Käß Hauschildt Architects
- Old Town Apartments in Tallinn by Kosmos
- London Gate by Donis
- The High Line by James Corner Field Oper…ations and Diller Scofidio + Renfro
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories