Slideshow feature: these images by French photographer Julien Lanoo document the opening week of the Louvre Lens, the Musée du Louvre's new sister gallery designed by Japanese architects SANAA and New York studio Imrey Culbert.
The museum features a 360-metre-long chain of cuboidal glass and aluminium galleries that house a permanent collection as well as temporary exhibitions and art from the local neighbourhood. Located in Lens, northern France, the building opened to the public last week. Find out more about the Louvre Lens in our earlier story.
- Gehry, Nouvel, Ando, Hadid build in Abu …Dhabi
- Farrer Court by Zaha Hadid
- Beaugrenelle Shopping Mall by Agence Sea…rch
- V36K08/09 by Pasel Kuenzel Architects
- Autostadt Roof and Service Pavilion by G…RAFT Gesellschaft von Architekten
- Interview with Peter Zumthor at the Serp…entine Gallery Pavilion 2011
- Social Housing Tower in Plaza Europa by …R+B Arqts
- Kirchplatz Office and Residence by Oppen…heim and Huesler Architekten
- Qingpu Youth Centre by Atelier Deshaus
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories