Slideshow feature: these images by French photographer Julien Lanoo document the opening week of the Louvre Lens, the Musée du Louvre's new sister gallery designed by Japanese architects SANAA and New York studio Imrey Culbert.
The museum features a 360-metre-long chain of cuboidal glass and aluminium galleries that house a permanent collection as well as temporary exhibitions and art from the local neighbourhood. Located in Lens, northern France, the building opened to the public last week. Find out more about the Louvre Lens in our earlier story.
- James Whitaker proposes cluster of shipp…ing containers as an affordable workplace
- Dacha's Origami by Peter Kostelov
- Zaha Hadid at the Serpentine Gallery
- Tornado Proof House by 10 Design
- Miraventos House by Eduardo Trigo de Sou…sa and ComA Architects
- Villa by Daniel Libeskind
- Rectangular arches frame rooms and garde…ns at Cosmic House by UID Architects
- Hillside hideaway by GSMM Architetti fea…tures a courtyard for stargazing
- Woodland greenhouse by Divooe Zein Archi…tects provides shelter for flora and fauna
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories