Slideshow feature: these images by French photographer Julien Lanoo document the opening week of the Louvre Lens, the Musée du Louvre's new sister gallery designed by Japanese architects SANAA and New York studio Imrey Culbert.
The museum features a 360-metre-long chain of cuboidal glass and aluminium galleries that house a permanent collection as well as temporary exhibitions and art from the local neighbourhood. Located in Lens, northern France, the building opened to the public last week. Find out more about the Louvre Lens in our earlier story.
- Johnston Marklee's Vault House frames be…ach views through multiple arches
- Interactive model offers a look inside H…erzog & de Meuron's Elbphilharmonie
- Pavillion in Orchard Road by U:phoria Ar…chitects
- Knot-shaped museum by Chae Pereira Archi…tects honours Korean artist Chang Ucchin
- 52 by Suppose Design Office
- Frieze Art Fair Pavilions by Carmody Gro…arke
- FAM Architekti's Lake Cabin provides a w…aterside retreat in a Czech forest
- HANS-house by M O D O
- Vanke Triple V Gallery by Ministry of De…sign
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories