Dutch designer Frederik Roijé has designed a piece of furniture for children combining a chair, table and lamp.
"Children nowadays are growing up with iPads," Roijé told Dezeen. "I would like to stimulate the basic creative activities of reading, drawing, playing and writing."
Manufactured in the Netherlands, the chair is made from wood and has a polyamide fibre coating, typically used on the back of children's puzzles.
Described by as Roijé "huggable", the material is chosen to be soft and durable.
Frederik Roijé started his studio in Amsterdam in 2003 and specializes in interior and product design. We have also recently featured his collection of candle holders that look like bent pipes poking through the wall. See all our stories about design by Frederik Roijé »
- Blend by Mieke Meijer
- Audi Carbon Ski by Audi Concept Design M…unich
- Fattorini+Rizzini+Partners' MEET sofa co…mbines "sound absorption" with versatility
- Blow Up – Bamboo by the Campana Brothe…rs for Alessi
- Graffiti fantasy creatures by Phlegm exh…ibited in east London
- Lana Mangas by Patricia Urquiola for Gan
- Morph folding wheel by Vitamins Design
- Inaugural collection by Petite Friture
- Postable by Studio Toer
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories